Trucks on JR NS Heritage SD70ACes and NS SD80MAC backwards

jordon412

33 Year Old Railfan
Somehow, the trucks on the Norfolk Southern heritage unit SD70ACe's and NS SD80MAC have ended up backwards. It seems to effect ONLY the heritage units that use 'EMD HTCR bogey (black)', <kuid2:45324:50038:3>. However, it does NOT effect 'NS SD70ACe', which uses the same truck. It also effects the SD80MAC, which uses 'EMD HTCR bogey (Black)', <kuid2:45324:50025:5>. Here's a picture of the Central of New Jersey heritage unit showing the problem:
My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Does anyone know of a solution?

Last edited:
Yes, go back to Jointed Rail site, and download them. Go to your purchases, and try it again. Verify there's no updates on them while you are on there.

I purchased these when N3V had a 75% sale years ago and have them as a .cdp file, so I can't go onto JR's website and re-download them.

I purchased these when N3V had a 75% sale years ago and have them as a .cdp file, so I can't go onto JR's website and re-download them.
Yes, you can go back on their site. I have done that a lot. Here's the proof:

Order #4248 was placed on February 9, 2013 and is currently Completed.
[h=2]Order updates[/h]
  • Wednesday 6th of March 2013, 04:18am
    Order status changed to Completed

• Saturday 9th of February 2013, 02:15am
    Captured amount of $20.00 online. Transaction ID: “35211911DG52xxxxG”.

• Saturday 9th of February 2013, 02:15am
    Order status changed to Completed

Here's what I got:

[h=2]Order details[/h]
ProductTotal
GE B30-7 - SP × 1 $10.00
EMD GP40-2 - SP × 1 $10.00
Subtotal:$20.00
Payment method:paypal_express
Total:$20.00
The links to download the items is still on there. I have a lot of stuff, this is just an example of the FIRST order I placed. No excuses man, you do realize they have a help desk and your email address?

http://jointedrail.com/support-center/

Well, since I purchased them from N3V during that sale, I've got to go to MyTrainz in order to download and re-install them. I was hoping NS37 would provide some assistance, since he made these.

Last edited:
Check the config. Chances are this could be fixed with a simple config change. Open up the config of these units and go down to where it says Bogies. It'll then have some stuff separating the bogies into Bogey0 and Bogey1. Under these two tags, look for a tag that says "reversed". Based on your screenshots, the value for the reversed tag will be a 1 for Bogey0 and a 0 for Bogey1. If you reverse those two values, so that Bogey0 has a 0 under the reversed tag, and Bogey1 has a 1, then save and commit these edits, that should fix the issue.

You're right Southern1581 but he can't edit as he bought it from N3V Store :hehe: #vivan3vlockingsystem

If you are adventuresome, you can try to reverse the attachement points? Just a guess. I'd submit a helpdesk ticket. You have proof of purchase, they should be able to help explain what needs to be done.

Update: More info

This problem also extends to the CSX SD80MAC, and I noticed something important: the wheels rotate in the opposite direction of the locomotives movement. For example, I'm driving the SD80MAC forward, while the wheels are rotating backwards. I don't know if this makes solving the problem easier, or harder.
EDIT: Come to think about it, is there a way to swap bogies? If so, all I have to do is take the truck on the front and put it on the rear and take the truck on the rear and put it on the front. This would solve my problem and make it look the way they're supposed to.

Last edited:
If you are adventuresome, you can try to reverse the attachement points? Just a guess. I'd submit a helpdesk ticket. You have proof of purchase, they should be able to help explain what needs to be done.

What I mean about the sale is that several years ago, before TANE came out and the most recent version was TS12, N3V had a sale when everything was 75% off. That was when I bought it. I also note that when I went to install it into TANE, I did not download it from MyTrainz. Instead I had previously gone into TS12's CM and saved them as a .cdp file, just in case something happened to TS12 that caused me to lose all my work on it. I will note that TS12 was on my old computer. When i got my new computer, I placed all my files on my old computer on an external hard drive and then transferred all the files on the external hard drive onto my new computer, including all my Trainz stuff. I then installed them in TANE using the .cdp file I made containing them instead of downloading them off of MyTrainz. Therefore, the Heritage Units are not locked. If I had downloaded them from MyTrainz and installed them into TANE, they would have been locked.

What I mean about the sale is that several years ago, before TANE came out and the most recent version was TS12, N3V had a sale when everything was 75% off. That was when I bought it. I also note that when I went to install it into TANE, I did not download it from MyTrainz. Instead I had previously gone into TS12's CM and saved them as a .cdp file, just in case something happened to TS12 that caused me to lose all my work on it. I will note that TS12 was on my old computer. When i got my new computer, I placed all my files on my old computer on an external hard drive and then transferred all the files on the external hard drive onto my new computer, including all my Trainz stuff. I then installed them in TANE using the .cdp file I made containing them instead of downloading them off of MyTrainz. Therefore, the Heritage Units are not locked. If I had downloaded them from MyTrainz and installed them into TANE, they would have been locked.
You should be able to download them again from NV3. All the content I have from them still downloads.

Back