Modern logging camps?

joshmeister

Proud Railfurz Member
Ok, so I'm to the point on a custom route that I'm building that it's time to start adding industries for my railroad to operate and switch. The route is based in a heavily forested route (Think the Northwest USA) and some thing's I am wanting to put in on my line are a rather large forestry/logging camp and a large lumber mill (Each industry would be about 45 route miles apart). I've looked at images on google for saw mills, logging camps etc, but for the life of me can't figure out what buildings (Using Trainz 12) I'd want to use for such industries. This is a route I may release one day so I'd love for this to be as nice as I can make it (For my very first route) and would appreciate some tip's/advice as I start thinking of some industries that might look nice on this route. Also, since this is set in modern time, for places like my logging camp, would it be better to have something like a crane that loads my bulkhead flats with logs, or would Logging Cat's look better?

Have you looked at the built in ones Forestry and Lumber mill as a starting point. These can then have warehouses, sheds etc added around them to make up a modern looking industry. Add MIN to the warehouse to give additional types of timber to load.

pupsbigs'
<kuid:21404:2501> PU Logging Wood Crane v1
<kuid:21404:2502> PU Logging Wood Crane v2

arraial's
<kuid:524343:6209> Us -Logging Wood Crane anim
<kuid:524343:6245> Us -Logging Wood Crane Deposit field anim

alien3's
<kuid2:119692:1200059:1> logskidder

There is a set of modern logging equipment floating around but I haven't been able to find them, I'll keep my eyes open.

Edit: In funnnyfarm's Deadwood Lumber and Mine Co. route he makes clever use of assets to create modernish log operations (I only know of a TANE version of this route.)

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Especially his use of a crane, cables, and other stuff to kit-bash a modern hi-line/sky-line logging operation.

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Last edited:
@Normhart. I hav'e that log loading crane in the first image but I'm not sure if I want to use a crane or not, as I'd have to end up spotting each car under the crane, whereas is I used Cat loaders with a grabber attachment, I could have 5 or 6 of them loading 5 cars at once. I'll also look at those KUIDs you posted and will let you guys know what I come up with.

Back