Southern Radio Control Car - Will it be available?

jordon412

33 Year Old Railfan
I just purchased NS37's Southern SD45 and I decided to look around to recreate a Southern coal train. I found some Southern hoppers and a caboose from the DLS and proceeded to download them. Since I'm going to run the coal train on Scratchy's Coal Country route, I figured I'd need a few helpers. Because of that, I'm wondering if the Southern radio control car NS37 was working on will be available. If you don't already know about it, here's a thread about it:
https://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?109535-norfolk-southern-radio-control-car&highlight=locotrol

Last edited:
Yes, sometime. Justin made the lettering I was missing and now I just need to put it all together.

Thanks. I was hoping it hasn't become vaporware. I've been running a Southern coal train with three on the front and two on the rear, coupled in front of the caboose. I'm using a 60ft brown boxcar lettered for the Southern in place of that car. I will note that the coal train is the length of the longest track in the yard in Richmond. I use so many diesels for such a short coal train because
1. I'm running in cab mode, and
2. I want to make sure I don't fry my traction motors.
I use the dial on the right side of the control stand, which I think measures the amperage going to the traction motors, to figure out how many I need. If the needle ends up going into the area of the dial that has the red bar, I'm frying my traction motors, and must reduce power, which results in me stalling while climbing the grade up to Peabody. If I stall, I add on one more locomotive and repeat climbing the hill until I have enough power to get up to the summit of the grade in Peabody. Normally if I have enough power to get up to Peabody, I have enough dynamic braking power to get my train down to Parker. If I don't, I add on enough locomotives to get me down to Parker without becoming a runaway train.

Back