Coal Country Tourist Train Red Signal

Heinrich505

I'm running the tourist train through Coal Country. I stopped for a red signal at 19262, a little past Parker Yard, as there was a consist rolling onto the main line ahead from Gilbert's Loop end. Situation normal, so far.

The consist ahead of me runs into Peabody and stops on the team track. I'm still stuck at the red signal, and have been for 14 minutes and counting. There are no trains coming, the nearest being in Richmond, a good ways away. The consist in Peabody is not moving - stopped for its own red signal. I guess I am stuck waiting on him, as I can't change any of the switches ahead of that consist.

Any suggestions? Anyone else got stuck in this session or have problems? My tourists are getting antsy. :confused:

Heinrich505

Hover your mouse-cursor over the base of the signals or junctions ahead of the stuck train to see what the holdup is...
Check the Map for the names of signals and junctions in the immediate vicinity. Hint: You can often change the direction of junctions ahead by clicking on the arrows in map view as well...
Look at the AI schedule for the train ahead. Try switching to it and driving him forwards ever so slightly to get him to resume. Or issue a 'Stop train' command to him and then choose 'Continue schedule'.

Last edited:
PC_Ace,
Good suggestions. I did try changing some of the switches, but wasn't able to get the signal to change.

Then, in the never-ending mystery of why things won't work sometimes :confused:, I restarted the session, stopped at the red signal, the train up ahead cruised onto the siding, the signal went green, and off I went. Smooth sailing. Go figure.

I was able to finish the session with no more problems. I've still no idea why it worked this time through. It's a really nice route and very atmospheric.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Heinrich505

Back