Crossing gate trigger

greymaster

In TANE SP2, I have placed a "dk crossing gate" and a trigger, trying to set it up so that the gate is down when a train is on any part of the trigger. My problem: I cannot see any way to make the connection between the gate and the trigger. (Would it be better to use a "track circuit detector" to activate the gate?) Is any additional device required? The "edit properties" boxes for the gate and trigger have no scripted entries. I thought this would be a simple routine task but apparently I am missing something. Thanks for any help.

Look for the ATLS system by Boat. His system uses a series of triggers which can be setup to do what you want to do including delay times, etc. The pre-built level crossings have a default radius of 200 meters, which cannot be adjusted. This default setup is great for 40 mph or slower, but anything faster than that causes the train to beat the gates more times than not causing the gates to close just as the train is on top of them.

The alternative is the TRC system by Vincenth.

You can download the latest component version here:

https://sites.google.com/site/trcv2english/0-introduction

The website also explains how they work too and the instructions are done really well.

Last edited:
If you want to use ATLS to set up crossings have a look at the ATLS advance demo on the DLS. You can use any crossing by adapting it for ATLS or use the components to make your own. The gate you have will automatically be down when a train is within the radius of the crossings built in trigger.

Back