Looking for Misc Vehicles

utctgm

Hello everyone. This is my first time posting here in years, so this could be the wrong location. If so, apologies for that.

I've spent the past week recreating the PotashCorp/Nutrien Phosphate mine in Aurora NC. We have a lot of contractors working here, and overall you'll see white Ford F150s for PCS itself, and gray GMC Sierras for our big contractors. I've been searching high and low throughout the week for crew cab pickup trucks and have found only one result for a white Ford F150, although I'm looking for higher detailed models. All of the results for pickups are from the 60s era or around that time. I've been able to find cranes, graders, excavators, articulated dump trucks, dozers, you name it. But no modern crew cab trucks. If anybody could steer me in the right direction, I'd greatly appreciate it. The switch crew here also uses John Deere gators, but I didn't expect to find any.

While I'm here, I'm having a very nice crane asset not appear in game, "Truck Mounted Crane DES" by Dave Snow. <kuid:101046:101194>

Thanks to everyone in advance!

EDIT: Forgot to mention I'm on TS12. I've registered my serial but it has not appeared on the flow chart.

Last edited:
Make sure you've registered also in the game, on Planet Auran (My Trainz), and in Content Manager. You should be at build 61388, which is TS12 HF1. The not-registered yet may prevent the downloaded content from appearing in-game.

There are many, many other vehicles available for download. Look for user dinorius_redundicus. His content begins with UID 68213. You can search by his username in CM, or by his user id by placing a #68213 in the author search.

Deane made all kinds of dump trucks, old trucks, Fords, etc., some old some new. There are others as well, but he's one that comes to mind. Dave Snow's other vehicles may work as well. He made aplenty which would be suitable.

"While I'm here, I'm having a very nice crane asset not appear in game, "Truck Mounted Crane DES" by Dave Snow. <kuid:101046:101194>"

According to the description this is designed to be used as traffic on the roads and would need to be included in a region. However,

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

you can place the crane on tracks. :hehe: You will find the asset in the track object menu and, if you so desire, you could use an invisible track segment to place it anywhere you want.

Edit: here are the crew cab pickups I've got

<kuid:514708:102> R Pick Up (Built-in)

<kuid:193623:1308> BNSF F350 HI Rail Pick-Up Circle Logo
<kuid:193623:1312> Conrail Hi-rail Pick-Up White
<kuid:193623:1311> Conrail Hi-Rail Pick-Up Yellow

The Hi-rails probably won't work for you but they look great. http://rrmods.com/scenery.shtml

Last edited:
JCitron

I've went through his DLS content tons of times, and it feels like I always find something new to use. I remember using some of it back in TRS2004, and its still some of the best content IMO, its held up very well. Unfortunately I couldn't find any crew cab trucks but I've got tons of assets from him. Thanks for your suggestion! Anybody who hasn't seen his content runs into a goldmine when they finally do.

I also couldn't find where to register my serial in CM, although it is listed in the options menu from the launcher. Haven't had any issues about content not appearing so far, except for the crane which was explained below your post.

normhart

Thanks for pointing that out, I found a good amount of vehicles alongside that one I had forgotten about. The invisible track is definitely a viable option, and I'm sure I'll implement it. Crane is very similar to a few I've seen while working in the plant. Seems like they're always replacing pipework overhead.

The Hi-rail trucks are always a pleasure to have aswell. Just like Deane's content, has held up overtime. I actually went back the other day to see if I had missed a stock version of these trucks. I searched up "R Pick Up" on the DLS and was very pleased to see. Looks like a Tacoma, which our contractor supervisors have. I have the feeling that more than a few will be placed around. Thanks for your help!

"While I'm here, I'm having a very nice crane asset not appear in game, "Truck Mounted Crane DES" by Dave Snow. <kuid:101046:101194>"

According to the description this is designed to be used as traffic on the roads and would need to be included in a region. However,

you can place the crane on tracks. :hehe: You will find the asset in the track object menu and, if you so desire, you could use an invisible track segment to place it anywhere you want.

Yes, that crane is designed to "drive" on roads, hence would need to be included as a vehicle in the Region.

There is a STATIC version that can be placed anywhere. Search for Truck-Mounted Crane, static.

cheers,

Dave

Back