Tribute to eastern fallen flags! Show your favorite screens

jamiethomas81

Hey there, new to Trainz, new to the forums, not new to trains, or even train sims. Seems as if there are lots of great screens out there and I really enjoy seeing other people's shots (especially when my favorite railroads are the focus. Just thought I would make my first post one showing off your favorite fallen flags from the east coast...Here are some of mine I have taken so far. Hope you all enjoy!

nMv7ZGM.jpg

OVjThTn.jpg

Cko7t4c.jpg

RFiEVX3.jpg

4IJ4DOn.jpg

SCxD6zF.jpg

-Rich

Last edited:
... very nice classy pics ... welcome and have fun ....
thanks for sharing ... and drooling ...
grtz
daveric

Thanks! Glad you enjoyed the first set of pics. Here are a few more for any Chessie fans out there...

hOD5D0W.jpg

UG44a8l.jpg

vZ53MMd.jpg

HcOE8aQ.jpg

JUj7BdS.jpg

qXNfBBA.jpg

-Rich

Last edited:
Wow, very sharp pic Rich ! May I ask you which kuid is used in the last pic of #4 for the fence/barrier below the bridge ?
Thanks !
Rail4Pete

Wow, very sharp pic Rich ! May I ask you which kuid is used in the last pic of #4 for the fence/barrier below the bridge ?
Thanks !
Rail4Pete
Hey there Pete, sore for the late reply. Not sure what the exact kuid for the fencing is, I can tell you though that this pic was taken on Jointedrail's gorgeous Coal Country route. I haven't made any changes to the route at all. Glad you enjoyed the pics and I hope that helps! ;-)

Thanks !
Rail4Pete

It's made by gfisher and is named 'Erie Railing', <kuid:106916:10423>. It's included in TANE and is also available from uslw.net.

Well, I thought this thread would draw more attention. Oh well, as long as you guys are enjoying the pics, I'll keep posting them ;). Here is some classic NW action in Coal Country...

qMA3KCj.jpg

t4wUOx6.jpg

qspuQNG.jpg

bTosr2Q.jpg

-Rich

Southern High Hoods in Action

A Southern coal train has reached the top of the grade at Peabody and has begun its downhill decent. On front is three SD45's and two remote-controlled SD45's on the rear in front of the caboose. It's now all downhill to Richmond.

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Last edited:
Gotta say that I love this thread! The C&O employed my grandfather throughout his life. Both are fallen flags now, but not forgotten.

I'm sure that Pap-pa is running the tracks in Coal Country somewhere around there, making sure that the tracks remain well maintained and open for traffic!

Here we see a C&O coal train about to tackle the grade up to Peabody. Up front is a K3 class 2-8-2 with a K3A class 2-8-2 pushing the train on the rear.

Do Heritage Units Count?

Here we see Norfolk Southern's SD70ACe #1069, the Virginian heritage unit, leading a coal train. Following it is SD70ACe #1066, the New York Central heritage unit, with ES44AC #8102, the Pennsylvania heritage unit, on the rear acting as DPU (Distributed Power Unit). Coupled onto the end are two helpers, SD45-2 #1700, the Erie-Lackawanna heritage unit and 'normal' SD45-2 #1702.

Those heritage units are pretty awesome! I've seen a few of the UP ones but none of the NS ones...Yet. That's a great pic btw!

Finished my first reskins tonight and wanted to show them off...

WM F7's with some extra power provided by NW GP9's runs some empties down the one of the many hills on Coal Country in the late 70's

7yWAqv1.jpg

YOrEXo3.jpg

Enjoy!

-Rich

Back