Museum Route

Andrew608

Here's a little route I've been working on for the last couple days. I liked the idea of a completely fictional freelance museum or excursion route for a couple of reasons:

- I can use any rolling stock or locomotives except newer stuff which would still be in use currently.
- Road names don't matter anymore. I can use power and rolling stock from any railroad and it will still "make sense"
- Plenty of switching operations with some imagination. I envision demo day where we'll use EMD demonstrators for excursions and park them for photo shoots. Or maybe Alco day or covered wagon day.

The big downside: All these engines running ALL the time.. I know its been asked here but even if i had some workaround/hack to silence the ones i'm not using it would be a step in the right direction. I have one GP38-2 from HP trains which has custom scripting to allow startup/shutdown but i have no idea if or how you could retro fit that to my other existing locomotives.

41485902481_48d507ed5d_b.jpg

27614609828_26753a9001_b.jpg

27614603538_db938558cb_b.jpg

41485899161_f2cd3b6b0e_b.jpg

40772834374_f078ae75d6_b.jpg

I encountered the same problem when doing the Trainz Museum and Gallery (on the DLS) and I wanted all the exhibits to be dormant. In the end I decided it was beyond my know-how and so I had to leave everything running.

If you have some JR locos at the museum, the JR script I believe still has the coding that will allow for start-up/shutdown features, though you would have to make some modifications to the units in explorer, namely in the config. If you download their RBMN pack, the units in that pack are already configured to use that part of their script and you can use them as an example when you're making the modifications.

If you have some JR locos at the museum, the JR script I believe still has the coding that will allow for start-up/shutdown features, though you would have to make some modifications to the units in explorer, namely in the config. If you download their RBMN pack, the units in that pack are already configured to use that part of their script and you can use them as an example when you're making the modifications.

Thanks for the info,
I do have quite a few JR locos. and I may just pick up that RBMN pack to see what i can sort out.

Back