What the heck... Duplicated track

ctclark1

WzSIgCuJh7gkqqPz2
Every so often I'll miss playing in Surveyor and the fun of making my own routes, either from scratch or as a prototype of something in my area. I sometimes wonder why I never end up finishing them... And then as I'm making great progress, thinking of how much I've improved my techniques and thinking just maybe I'll get this one done, Trainz lashes out and reminds me why I get so frustrated and never finish a route... It's always some stupid bug that gets me... One time splines just completely disappeared. Another time I encountered some kind of corruption where spline points suddenly moved themselves all over the map (seriously, I had tracks crisscrossing each other miles apart from where they should have been, flying in the air and sunk under the ground...)

This time, at least a portion of my route has duplicated itself between the route and session layer and attached itself at the spline points... See pictures, I'll try to explain as best I can.
Flying around my route, trying to decide what to work on. I notice that I have a bunch of three-arrowed junctions... I can assure you I should have NO three-way junctions on this route.

zj5u0hVFI4OxInINwMpAk0_uyXnThcdx9dSkfx3MLV_Bg1YpsEmUGrNFzpgsANqpmD7KxMHrHU36WDFLyx95TXDYC_QS_85zebGyGVG44qhgusRkqi89btF9I0r7HqsT56k3CkNQo_2tW3Vpc_U7_BvuVLWEXIJTX_6wYx2-qHr8IG0MGodUcYvRc0WR2YtPZfiNg3gG8ShAkBOcRsZUgqm0HBl9AkKPeZNEcX1DXrFdmizRfokP3rRtv1Em8xZ5VVlUWfFQvhhLxNmAPI8lBHAyajI4KuKRdXnUE8sCEJ7dwv7Dz5q5mBkj0HDEg2QyZCif7KkV5TCXcVe3R8EVTVjT6sGLSL29aqrcGj0pe5BKJQKkI_EuaQl539JK5UT7o1UITGw3pLsQfoJqLDaQugaWxnpY8G5_6V-_Xqp5yfvYRvooIrf6ITFuG8MbyDLmF7KwG5o6NyArdOc-9ET6gbepBy1NtOEJAfQWKl41xMbCW3D8zVSKsBxo08cQ99BXGgKPc9WXkfx6pgZu9_9hNbGAyIRi7j3j_QAzTjmkjn5qYuRqLYc4g-rVdaUFwzYu0NFyVd8028GKMnlt71bixZtGulq1EvEv3ZxiDPg=w800-h600-no

I also noticed that the green arrows aren't quite green.... I delete the junction to replace it but to my surprise the junction is still there but now the arrow is properly green.
GM-Psnd__0GAmaPOnNwtC8Oeu48-PlAsPt5FfhD3TXTOIMFOE2Jkci8PuqThw64giOcvLlGU1qMKwmdZ4CiP3yBUNw3EABuSWr2cM7R28R5Ow6x4yzWcfZHg3D0IgQ6qX6fSXh5WXRgtWn95-cctxIDlJDcbBAKlCgrqe_1eGswOKVbRBZPsp_UJcjUTg2bJGXUjtzTvVtQuP2r6SoidXY22Eha-GODH_1Kvl3rpFGmM8zhPfj2rrV0g-MtKXW3YFvRXwidENibFyWOeg_IYHiG8RouyjFuTOjNhmOj0BFNBF648xC483c0rtwwSSU94-qfbaCQOoha3Eowqm7sIItPLyRtTZL3_NfQLqEJjY5VdGXnkAFYvfXERY64-zellGh5ba6ZdhKCHetdGSJ_Cvc4MCdBD3Uf9mykAaCEQj7rvxwwYekXyEMpCboTYhz7M9nFBng1Dksu1yyENm6it07Gpf-9AHXgd1WedubExLWnPV4ipvu4fDEud4-GT6M3QyIMTKsv132BwOnIAmosY0mUFanhEfi-tldPlpoGZgWNxJFGEqQ8kDpmn-4mcGZ11jhbV3Y9XAvkZFosOQGvYfcYTlWw9GsrFVlyGi5M=w800-h600-no

But what's up with that three-way junction? I delete one of the tracks coming off it, and there's still a junction there (with a green arrow, not two reds as I would expect)... Also what's up with that stub that's left?
14ynUbhWAmxsRYYUl27z6uOAtHB7mv0IYEV-1UgJyMmpaC7e2JT1IcsQnP-OsFpfbiomMpOsJngJ6oSGbvwxYwSjh-rvnzerFPPwtQN7aUn-3zaq2So3EwzQr3l7LCyQpES5wZsryTuJBoYiN99fl2KOggu6lbC7S4O7cQR-N6SeRky4qz_Ei217hAEFojSfg0xZ5WKABbu8q80n4bjhKActFN0HeHngAKS5WFd6JPeEJuXtlpFAaSjPAyrKDMLXvsuam5_UdlDPXH-qgFb3pBf37cRRO-trXNOLMRZCZ1NMC0SyqMXo-jY2mh_BPAtYojlh6sCx-LCGVjjyfKoGJOl7l3vBCpgstU65dzcfFemXfmLaRz-epGVcU-XcT4jYOjbs21Pyf35xXpoSmBmaNfvPFPDgZaK14D4OCG08Y9HgrZuZAjc0w6DjsDBQ_q2WTHizY6pc9NNndjQrQin9tzIFyQ1kgR4ZqIQQneuhqZEWfzVYbXWk5-YjCtt_hx5sktgudYel9yxJtwaOGPJ5LxBLQo0zhPnArh_7qK-L58PSeRPRi4_FyosLWTe08GqGPFos0MVgVLVqwDXTSdd8aEGtRUMAEE_34txLzAA=w800-h600-no

Figured out there's two tracks at these spline points still....

Here's another stub with the same problem.
aHub9Eo2dMw_xJsws-3izzoBcdo72heurPQ6EBUV9FMQshTdrInw1Y0Y6RLB2IpS5gwQJ3t0thvghIT0tCLwlH8qgv1XJaM5ZP4Ru_fE90V_764Xm-nWDuWksPthKQTsLiKF4XQtov2vvX1e7lP5swmRz-t2M3MNz5ndU3StUdUG8Xg_Q_BDDwfmXbL-iYjBJnzBtlv3o8hXV4waXX772qlcYuX6wz3dJTglOW2vtIv5MeVse-7K64Vh37jF03EMRtzceLooS6uoQ7Jp2ya4Dp6D3pGdShLugrH2LbzNroL0LrTOCyE1dKKkICVXIN3Sf_Ut3H5-GH7D5CQfwIA51gdmpnBWyUpZZCHfT_2esdX5clQkPO_TtE10hUxaOwuNUdEB8j-pi0eD-rmbKUL9oEoRtNvPydlqGpHz0X465y88cvB05aRLrxtVtTJSXf60uG5ORidR1Wjvo2m6U1_8n2VLvkADvBtfg-hSeXMQI5X_BZaVhGS9DmLucjplrUu1uboaGIMc5QX5o7uxNnBq6hWWApVAMAaD-YhdRwOfvneUlLQz57_lwvTS27Hy5w4o44F3SchVrH7xi99fWoTVIgQZ9PFh0nCBQaEkMQ0=w800-h600-no

What it doesn't show is that I added a spline point about where my compass is as an experiment.
When I move that added spline, the duplicated spline shows itself. I confirmed that one is in the Session Layer and the other is in the Route layer.
XgcJ0ObuIz-oH1LBrGjmLdZfSkg9-ogx_hDuEJWe5bON2Ne-h3gAdygu0JSVtzSghZ3xtadP-tSWHUdw2aWKAkuCXLz1i2cINyWxSDegNu4Dz7GLeG0aHCpSBlDh_w8g3IFYs5SnyPm3MF3fIQaUutXjYh8fn32vZ80TrZjPEOXEyoDzmtCJ0ZrkVzHXyTfEcSpS8WNNej5KidSITc3d_QdtLE2hiATOQHO4Vt8XPd2mLeRIM1z1V1PpdJOSiy-Ex76sWobMvW07gVG71CtoZda1pedmMzCDNod8uz0g8Ti-gbgsTnZuznSkBgNtRHPRDqAVbgBUo_o22hI_ePNPAFhzROBEkAXM1oRibqREPGpRSkwjKF5NRmOELyzSqx5XxOX0JDKdYci2DV9V6Dr4yK451F1_LhbciYJ_QZmYG54i9MKehvj69Ly2Gh8TaV5Q5hmR0CQGe66V7H6NSuwgPGU3BkCioIAEyFfILN3Xa1dlWe7iVw1v2fAXN6_llSktxdo21nNGUtJx1iRlFhoPY2XYC20RdWrjldHug-jruAcj3fOmKNTppGrxoqw9EI00WjuXVTZUK8d0Iu3npkqFb0T66rN1X6djTrs7sJY=w800-h600-no

Is my only hope to delete my session and try again? Unfortunately these stupid layers still get me once in a while and I've added some things in route and some in session because I edit the session but sometimes forget to switch to the route layer before actually placing track.

But what would cause this? I didn't lay down my own duplicate track and manage to place the splines exactly perfectly in the exact same spot (causing them to create junctions).

For the record, this is TANE, Build 90945.

If you merge you will have a bigger problem as all those errors will move into the route layer. When I had a similar problem I created a new layer and called it Delete. Then use the properties tab ? on items that appear wrong and select the delete session to place them in. You can check the route by closing the delete layer for viewing and see what's left. If you are happy you can then delete the delete layer to remove all those assets on it.

Last edited:
I found that deleting the session and starting again was the only sure way of getting rid of the problem.
It will just keep coming back again and again. The problem has been around for a long time.
Cheers,
Mike

Thanks for the tip, I did the "Delete" layer suggestion and painstakingly moved every part that was duplicated (constantly checking between my route and session layer visibility, what a pain!) and deleted it. It does seem that there are a few duplications that are both on the route layer that I think I took care of too. They all seem to be isolated to one specific area though so I'm guessing it was just something that happened one time while editing, worst case I'll remove everything from that area and painstakingly rebuild the yard.

Check to see if there are more things duplicated, like everything else.
My complete route was duplicated!!
Trees, junctions, signals, tracks, houses ect. EVERYTHING!

See other thread about this mind blowing Tane failure.

:confused:

Well, the next fun thing is that I'm losing data on entire baseboards. Completely and utterly losing height and texture data for entire baseboards, and when it starts it just expands everywhere I look. So I don't save and lose what I've done, open it up, and I start losing baseboards somewhere else. Wherever I look. WTF. This is why I NEVER FINISH A ROUTE!

This happens to me EVERY TIME and I'm SICK OF IT!!! WHAT A WASTE OF MONEY!

Well, the next fun thing is that I'm losing data on entire baseboards. Completely and utterly losing height and texture data for entire baseboards, and when it starts it just expands everywhere I look. So I don't save and lose what I've done, open it up, and I start losing baseboards somewhere else. Wherever I look. WTF. This is why I NEVER FINISH A ROUTE!

This happens to me EVERY TIME and I'm SICK OF IT!!! WHAT A WASTE OF MONEY!

That's something else going on. You do have backups and you do have manual backups I hope. I've been lucky and never suffered from the ills you have, but that's not saying it can't happen. Supposedly the flattened world issue has been solved in the latest beta, but anyway backups are a good thing to have anyway.

I figured it was a different issue, but the timing is horrible, and when things like this happen it really makes me despise the game unfortuantely.

The flattening started with one area, that I had apparently saved flattened (didn't notice it until it was too late). I went back two days in the automatic backups and found good unflattened copies, did the "restore" process outlined in a trainz wiki (from different backups when things kept flattening), which fixed that section but now every time I open the route the flattening moves to wherever I happen to start working and it happens right before my eyes. I don't even really get a chance to change one thing and save before it starts. I've done way too much work on this route to give up again, I really felt like I was going to make progress this time, but then these issues crop up and kill any motivation I had, almost every time I work on a route (so many routes attempted and left to die because something pretty majorly breaks)

But what would cause this? I didn't lay down my own duplicate track and manage to place the splines exactly perfectly in the exact same spot (causing them to create junctions).

For the record, this is TANE, Build 90945.

90945: I ran into a similar problem on an imported route: Kauai.

I decided to make the run from the logging area to the sawmill NG 30. I "carefully" selected areas to auto replace the standard tracks with NG's. The problem of duplicated track occurred in nearby areas where I did not replace the track. This may or not be related to the problem.

The problem showed itself when in Driver mode, I'd get a message "junction lever missing". Unlike your experience, I did not see any erroneous junction arrows.

Only by placing a loco at various points of the track and having the AI "Drive To" was I able to find the exact problem sections.

I went in with the idea of deleting sections of track and entirely replacing them. That's when I found that when I clicked delete, there was an identical section of track "underneath" the one I just deleted. This track had the same "ragged ends" that show in some of your pics.

I don't think this was an issue with "layers" caused by laying track in two different layers,because the problem sections were in areas that I never changed.

I confirmed that one is in the Session Layer and the other is in the Route layer.

I have long suspected that "merging" layers may cause problems. Alternatively, in my case, it may have been the result of sections being merged. There are some areas where there is no ground texture and I can see "baseboard lines".
d9xMhlQ.jpg
[/IMG]
One of the "duplicated" tracks was near the compass point.

Last edited:
Corrupted and not-loading textures will give you the rotated grid lines because that is really the replacement for a missing texture.

The flattened world issue, I think has been fixed in the latest beta. I remember seeing a post on that.

Are you talking about 93104? Because that certainly isn't working for me... I have no choice but to try to go off a backup, as the "current" save has permanently lost 6 baseboards, smack in the middle of my route, these are saved as a loss. So in both 90945 and now switching to the beta stream and trying in 93104, following the "restore a backup" procedure of copying the .tzarc_xxxxxxxx files to "editing" and removing the "_xxxxxxxx", then rebuilding the database, results in the route completely destructing with ever expanding flat baseboards every time, whether I try to edit the session or even just the route. Now with the beta I also get a bunch of errors in the debug helper (but they don't show in the log...)
Code:
Trainz has encountered the following error:
TrainzAssetAccessorArchived::OpenAssetFileForWriting> Attempt to modify archived asset (kuid2 <myauthornumber> <assetnumber> 1.tzarc:mapfile.not)

000000014091F353
0000000140D26350
0000000140D25125
0000000140D2CF5E
00007FFF05B23034:  BaseThreadInitThunk
00007FFF06341551:  RtlUserThreadStart

Code:
TrainzAssetAccessorWriteCached::OpenAssetFileForWriting> unable to open file: mapfile.not

0000000140D26350
0000000140D25125
0000000140D2CF5E
00007FFF05B23034:  BaseThreadInitThunk
00007FFF06341551:  RtlUserThreadStart

Then it continues these errors with a bunch of unable to open file mapfile_x_y.gnd, I'm assuming these are all the baseboards that are failing, but it's either different baseboards every time or it ends up being literally every baseboard.

Is there ANY HOPE for recovering this route or have I now lost another couple of hundred hours of work to this extremely buggy game?

These assertion errors are put there for reporting. Send those bug reports to the Dev team.

Explain in detail what has happened, what shouldn't happen, and the repeatable problem you have. (This is very important). You may have to supply a copy of the route and dependencies as well for them to look at.

Use this link here:

https://n3vgames.typeform.com/to/xRdryu

You'll get a generic email followed by one from the the QA team asking questions.

Did you submit the file from the edit folder? It looks like you copied the files to the edit folder but not submitted them so they remain open for edit. Data base repair will not submit open for edit assets.

Back