trackside signals

Koryclarke1991

I was wondering if T:ANE could create a three light over a two light signal that saves in route layer, the bottom two light signal could have an optional menu that could make it G-Y-R Y-R, G-R or L-R, this would be great for a signal that precedes the signal leading up to a crossover or siding. Have a right, left, gantry and head only so it can be attached to a signal pole as part of a bi-directional signal if need be. Also, how about a left-handed dwarf for the GRS style signals both short and tall, and a two light distant signal (left and right) with "D" plate for spur tracks that lead to a junction, or it could be a G-Y with a single yellow signal that lights up for a diverging move, or it could be a two light over two light G-Y, Y-L type distant signal. Also the Jointed Rail US&S Searchlights, could those be made brighter, and the green signals more green. I see tints of red in there when it's green. Also, the two-light permissive staggered signal doesn't work, it always stays red. Make the number plates renameable and both horizontal and vertical, black on white or white on black. Also the #5 G Style tri-light signals need number plates and could you make the two light distant signals with number plates just heads only also, that way I can put two signals on one mast. Also, how about L.E.D. color lights? Also, make sure that they're all savable in route layer.

Thank you
Steven C. Jensen
South Milwaukee, WI

As far as I understand, all signals should be savable in route. In fact, I do that all the time. Save in route and they show in session (as long as the session pertains to the route). If you put the signal in the session, it will not show in the route, and if you realize this and install the signal in the route, when you open the session you have two!, so be careful.

I was wondering if T:ANE could create a three light over a two light signal that saves in route layer, the bottom two light signal could have an optional menu that could make it G-Y-R Y-R, G-R or L-R, this would be great for a signal that precedes the signal leading up to a crossover or siding. Have a right, left, gantry and head only so it can be attached to a signal pole as part of a bi-directional signal if need be. Also, how about a left-handed dwarf for the GRS style signals both short and tall, and a two light distant signal (left and right) with "D" plate for spur tracks that lead to a junction, or it could be a G-Y with a single yellow signal that lights up for a diverging move, or it could be a two light over two light G-Y, Y-L type distant signal. Also the Jointed Rail US&S Searchlights, could those be made brighter, and the green signals more green. I see tints of red in there when it's green. Also, the two-light permissive staggered signal doesn't work, it always stays red. Make the number plates renameable and both horizontal and vertical, black on white or white on black. Also the #5 G Style tri-light signals need number plates and could you make the two light distant signals with number plates just heads only also, that way I can put two signals on one mast. Also, how about L.E.D. color lights? Also, make sure that they're all savable in route layer.

Thank you
Steven C. Jensen
South Milwaukee, WI

If you are looking for a 3 light over 2 light signal system, which are fully adjustable, check out tcstudio range.

This is just one of them <kuid:571870:2228> k m signal tc YWYGRW-M Left

Cheers,
Roy

Justin Michael Roth's don't save in Route Layer, that's why I won't use them. I like them though, I just wish that they saved in route layer.

Roy, can you give me a link for this, I googled it, and everything but that site comes up.

You won't find them with Google but you can on the DLS. There's a bunch of them.

<kuid2:571870:2191:3> k m signal tc WRW
<kuid2:571870:2216:3> k m signal tc WRW Left
<kuid2:571870:2192:3> k m signal tc WRW-M
<kuid2:571870:2193:3> k m signal tc WYGYRW-M
<kuid2:571870:2217:3> k m signal tc WRW-M Left
<kuid:571870:2228> k m signal tc YWYGRW-M Left
<kuid2:571870:2220:3> k m signal tc WYGYRW-M Left
<kuid2:571870:2195:3> k m signal tc YWYRW
<kuid:571870:2227> k m signal tc YWYGRW-M
<kuid2:571870:2194:3> k m signal tc YWYRW-M
<kuid2:571870:2219:3> k m signal tc YWYRW-M Left
<kuid2:571870:2218:3> k m signal tc YWYRW Left

I like them because they are adjustable.

Cheers,
Roy

The ones that RR Signal made also don't save in route layer. I'd like signals (USA) that save in Route Layer so that I can program them once and then have them do what they're supposed to do for each session.

I do not know those signals but I do not understand how an asset (other than weather, time of day, industry settings, etc) would not save in a route layer unless that layer has been locked or the route is payware. How do you know that it is not saving in the route?

It's my experience that if an asset needs programming by the user to act in a certain way, then, although the asset itself will save in the route layer, the programming will not. A way round this is to program the asset to behave as you want, then save a "base" session. If you then use this base session to develop any other sessions, they will all have the programming saved.

Does this help?

In other words, once you have added the signal to the route (a route layer) the programming of its behaviour will be saved in the session data (which is not in any session layer). From then on you must load and edit the session not the route.

If you load just the route then you will lose any programming you have added but can add new programming and save a new session.

This is exactly how industry settings and consist commodity loads work. The industry or consist can be in the route but the commodities consumed, produced, starting levels are saved as session data and are part of the session. This allows you to have the same industry or consist producing or carrying different commodities in different sessions.

Back