Issues Correcting SP2 Damage

Stewartbf6

I am working through the "carnage" caused with the update to SP2. Following wise counsel to not abandon the work done on the route over the years.
But, there are some issues. One is my portals are invisible, the PORTAL ENTRY label is visible, but, no track is visible and there is no connection to the track.

I can replace with new portals, but how do I delete the old ones, they still show up in managers and object lists.

I also have trackmarks that are not visible, though you are able to "find" the object, it is not visible.

Any tricks?

Thanks.

Did you just update and run, or did you do a database repair after the update? I recommend doing a DBR if you haven't done one as that solves a lot of problems.

Missing stuff too can also be related to layers. If you have placed route assets while editing a session, this can cause assets to be invisible while editing the route since they are not associated with the route directly anymore. This isn't a bug, but done so that a route builder can have particular assets associated with specific situations or time periods, for example.

If it is this case, you can go into the Session editor and choose the layers and then merge the session layer into the route layer.

I know this is confusing but that's because of the nomenclature used by N3V, making a whose on first type of situation.

No its not layer related, the Portal Entry title id is still showing. Had one showup as I was trying to replace it, some type of interaction....just weird

That is definitely weird. I've been lucky so far.

What build are you on? 90945 is the latest, not counting the beta.

90945 did have some issues with TM's being listed even though they were deleted. This was corrected in the beta version. In the beta version open the route and session and delete missing assets in both. This will get rid of the missing named TM's.

I am working through the "carnage" caused with the update to SP2. Following wise counsel to not abandon the work done on the route over the years.
But, there are some issues. One is my portals are invisible, the PORTAL ENTRY label is visible, but, no track is visible and there is no connection to the track.

I can replace with new portals, but how do I delete the old ones, they still show up in managers and object lists.

I also have trackmarks that are not visible, though you are able to "find" the object, it is not visible.

Any tricks?

Thanks.

Here is a simple trick that maybe you haven't used.

Periodically a problem has come up on my routes (usually due to changing Trainz version, one of the many reasons I don't do it very often !) where something is rendered invisible for some reason, and therefore won't delete in the usual fashion.

What I do nowadays is use the COPY AND PASTE function, which is under the TOOLS tab in Surveyor. Using a drawn template area of an appropriate size (i.e. small, if you are trying to eliminate a single object), "copy" a blank area with no objects in it, then "paste" that template onto the spot where your stealthy problem object is hiding. 9 times out of 10 this will delete your invisible item. You can filter the "copy" operation using the selections available to copy only objects, leaving your trackage intact. Make sure you don't accidentally wipe out stuff you want to keep with this process ! Saving your route just before doing this adds peace of mind. I learned this the hard way of course.

Last edited:
I will give it a try, it's like the bermuda triangle, now some yarnish bridges appeared with no splines, no way to delete.

The Copy and Paste worked. Tried it before, but needed to select PASTE Objects button. Thank you all, sorry it took so log to reply, got sick.

Back