The KO&G Route(Kansas, Oklahoma, and Gulf) Muskogee, OK to Durant, OK

OKCTrains

Here are some screenshots from the Kansas, Oklahoma, and Gulf route from Muskogee, OK to Dennison, TX I've been working on. The route was a through line for Missouri Pacific who took over the KO&G in 1964 and it became the Oklahoma Subdivision. Union Pacific ran the route up to April 30, 1989 and then the line was abandoned. It was taken up in the 1990s and only a few hundred feet remain in service in Henryetta, OK to service the glass plant by BNSF. Frisco had trackage rights over a portion of the line in the 1970s from Henryetta to Muskogee. I'm building the route as a blend of modern along with the old. Longer siding lengths to accommodate unit trains of today yet no signals as the route was not signaled and limited to 49mph. I have the DEM for the entire route and it is a work in progress. I will do the route from Wagoner, OK on the MoPac Van Buren Sub south to the turnoff at Okay, OK through Muskogee all the way south to Dennison, TX. It has been a long process (two years as of now)but I've got 100 miles done so far. When done, I will upload to the DL Station for all to enjoy.
My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Is this the same one I've been seeing in the Sooner Rails group on Facebook?

Very, very nice work!

Matt

Thank you all! Yes, this is the same route posted in Sooner State rails! I'm working as fast as I can to get it finished. About 60 miles to go. It will be a 4 hour + trip one way when finished.

Back