Bought a UHD Monitor; Wow Just Wow :)

Ernest2d6

Salmon Arm BC
Last Sunday I happen by chance to shop in a Staples store and found a SAMSUNG UHD 28" U28E590 Gaming Monitor on sale for $369 CDN. I bought it with 2 yr insurance plus taxes = $538. I upgraded my old computer i7 960 with a NVIDA 1060 last spring. I always had stuttering when running trainz I thought maybe getting a solid state drive would help, but when I saw this Samsung UHD so cheap and in my range I said why not. My computer is way too slow for UHD but sharpness was wow. so I put the setting down to 1920 x 1080 where I had the old 25" monitor at. I load up trainz again and the picture was sharp and to my surprise the stuttering was gone, ran smooth like ice. I couldn't believe it that my old monitor was the problem and not having SSD. Don't get me wrong still planning to upgrade so I can run in UHD, but for now I'm happy to run it as is and save up for more than a SSD upgrade. :D

:wave: I read many members here who have gone thru heck trying to get some better performance with versions like T:ANE. Which demands all the horsepower you can throw at it............

Thanks for the good info..........;)

As the old saying goes 'a chain is only as strong as its weakest link' and computers particularly when it comes to gaming are no different and that includes both internal and external cables as well. Just looked the spec up, very nice, enjoy. Peter

Back