Cracks along rails in pavement. How to?

Piere

G'day All,

I've recently seen these great screen shots from jacksonbarno and mcguirel which show cracks in the pavement / concrete along the rails.

This is a great effect I'd like to use but I haven't been able to find anything that I can recognise that might do it. Could anyone please let me know how to get this effect?

Many thanks in advance for your help.

Cheers,
Piere.

Iw9wnvI.jpg

Improvements Galore - Not even close to done in this area yet. It will awe when done.

2018-03-20_230150.jpg

Try this asset.......I think it will work........

G'day Blue,

Thanks very much for that tip.

Those files seem to be for cracks in pavement / concrete etc in general (a handy tool in future, thanks), but I am actually looking for how to make the breaks in the surface along each side of the rail, as in the screen shotss above. i.e. it makes it look like the rails are set into the surface, rather than just sticking out of a smooth surface.

thanks again for the help though.

Cheers,
Piere.

Piere,

When I saw the images last night, I went looking for them myself, but came up empty handed. Given the trackside cracks, I'm thinking that this is not a decal or texture and more likely a track of some kind such as tracks for an intermodal terminal or something similar.

The tracks in both screenshots are ones that I made a couple years ago for just such a purpose. They were included in the JR Tidewater route but I don't believe have been released anywhere else. I can see about getting them on the DLS sometime soon.

The tracks in both screenshots are ones that I made a couple years ago for just such a purpose. They were included in the JR Tidewater route but I don't believe have been released anywhere else. I can see about getting them on the DLS sometime soon.

Thanks for the replies guys.

Therock, thanks for that info! I have the tidewater route and that's what I was looking to use it for. Knowing where to look, now I have found it! :) For the info of others, it's <kuid2:37581:80001:1> RTRAX Streetrun 1

Just wondering why it wasn't actually used in the route though? Edit: Correction; I see now that it has been used for a couple of very small, dis-used sections up at the Tidewater end (I've been working down the other end), my apologies for missing this. I still think it's a great look that could have been used more widely on the route to add life to the paved areas of yards etc. though (which I will do in my version now :) ). Thanks to Therock too for creating this great asset.

Many thanks again.

Cheers,
Piere.

Last edited:
:wave: OK your welcome Piere...

Glad these will work for future items, and looks like the Rock covered the rest..........

:cool: These forums are a wealth of information..........People helping people........

Back