Screenshot of The Week: April 5 to April 12 2018 (No Theme)

New shades of blue and gold visit the CSX servicing facility at Springfield Yard

New-shades-of-blue-and-gold-in-CSX-Springfield-Yard.jpg

Shouldn't you wait for the competition to be closed officially before voting?
You don't know how many votes you are allowed.

I hope that the OP nicky9499 is OK, anyone heard from him recently?

Its not unusual for the entries to close a few days after the due date and there seems to be enough entries (by my always suspect "rule of thumb") for more than one vote per voter but I will go with the flow of restricting myself to just one.

As an old 3801 volunteer (retired) and a fairly frequent traveler on their trips (sadly curtailed since their forced relocation) I cannot go past Roy3b3.

PS: I even recognised the setting for his screenshot - the old Everleigh Railway Workshops at Redfern and, until recently, the home of 3801 Ltd.

Last edited:
Shouldn't you wait for the competition to be closed officially before voting?
You don't know how many votes you are allowed.

I hope that the OP nicky9499 is OK, anyone heard from him recently?

I didn't realize that, taking into account that the competition for the next week hasn't been announced yet.

It looks like nicky9499's last post was April 7th. It is not unheard of for it to take a couple days for him to close out a competition (it happens, but not often). Like the rest of us, I am sure he has a life outside of the competitions. Probably just on vacation, hopefully someplace warm and tropical :)

voting has started? :/

Voting has started? I don't recall even reading anywhere that N3V has closed submissions anywhere :confused:

Nick, I recall, shared with us he has had problems with his knee. (In and out of hospital ... ... )

Here's to hoping he is OK

peterwise
Roy3B3

A CB&Q O-5b picks e'm up and puts e'm down as the engineer tries to make up time with the first section of the Exposition Flyer, circa mid-1943. Not only would it be bad to delay the second and third sections following behind, but there's a war on!

eLKStaD.jpg

Sincere apologies to all. I was in Malaysia for my grandfather's death anniversary; broadband was down and mobile internet far too slow to handle image-laden threads. To be fair to those who entered after voting "started", voting will be kept open for one more week. If you've already voted your votes will be counted but you are free to amend them anytime before voting closes.

Submissions are now closed. There are 22 entries so please vote for up to 3. Voting ends April 26; please post your votes below.

Last edited:
please post your votes below.

... or above if you have already voted by "pre-poll":hehe:. Good to see that all is well Nicky and you are back in business. We know a lot about "down broadband" here in Oz where it is the No. 1 on the list of service complaints.

Back