All this Southern Pacific Steam Power!

I just had an idea for Daylightrain and his project. We know he’s no longer affiliated with The Backshops. But if he’s still waiting for permission to release this, and if he DOES someday get it, then if he’s looking for a place to release it, then if it would help, I’m gonna suggest 2 places for him to affiliate with to release it.
1) K&L Trainz, because the quality of their payware content is great and highly-detailed.
2) JointedRail, because they released an SP GS-4 before, but as freeware. However, if they can release a Daylight engine once, I wonder if they can do it again, but as payware.
If he even decides to release them at all, I think Jointed Rail is a better option. K&L Trainz does have great-quality content at an affordable price, but if you take a more in-depth look, you'll find that most of K&L's content was created by Steve Lerro. There's hardly any content that's made by anyone else outside the 3-man team at K&L, and I think they plan to keep it that way.

Then there's his old website.

He did? Where?
Just found out it was on the Backshops' Discord page and those lucky enough to get it did before it was taken down. But also from what I've read we're looking at a possible release on Trainz Forge. I also found a YouTube video showcasing EVERYTHING. GS-2, 4, and 6 and 64.

Yeah they are a pretty nice set. A nice engine to use when you're bored of literally everything else and want something a little fresh.

Just found out it was on the Backshops' Discord page and those lucky enough to get it did before it was taken down. But also from what I've read we're looking at a possible release on Trainz Forge. I also found a YouTube video showcasing EVERYTHING. GS-2, 4, and 6 and 64.

NOW YOU TELL ME that it was on The Backshops’ Discord and then taken down shortly after! My 1 chance that I didn’t even know I had. Bummer. Also where is the YouTube video?

Bear in mind that it's not hyperlinked so you may have to copy-paste into the search bar.

Last edited:
They work fine in TANE. I don't know about TS12 but that game is garbage anyway so it shouldn't really matter.

They work fine in TANE. I don't know about TS12 but that game is garbage anyway so it shouldn't really matter.
Compared to today's standards, maybe. I still use TS12 myself. But I also have TANE installed. And now that some model makers have specified their models to the latest, I may end up getting TRS19 in the future. Now in terms of whether they work in TS12 or not, they do.

And ... That is the grand scheme ... break things ... making people go out and buy a brand new shinier game each and every year

I agree, it is. I personally can't use the TRC system because Vincent upgraded the trigger to T:ANE and didn't leave an older one but he thought he did. I am looking forward to TRS19, though I will not be buying another game from N3V for the next 10 years. I also will not be purchasing it for $70 USD. That is too much for a game. I can go get a Digitrax LNWI I want so badly for $80. I also don't care what the next one brings...probably nothing we don't have already at the rate they are "developing" it (again, like 95% of this game is made by the people who play it). I think I'll be content with TRS19 for around 10 years just because I think it will always look brilliant, even when we are in 2030. Of course they might take longer or shorter then 10 years to make 2 more games though.

Last edited:
I personally can't use the TRC system because Vincent upgraded the trigger to T:ANE and didn't leave an older one but he thought he did.
Many have said that when someone updates their asset to a higher trainz-build, that the older original asset is ALWAYS still available on the DLS ... I don't think this is true ... Updating assets breaks things making them unusable for legacy users

Last edited:
Back