All this Southern Pacific Steam Power!

I actually picked it up a few days ago. Very clever idea to activate the flashing mars light with the ditch light button.

There's just one thing that bothers me...………….

On the GS pack screen it shows that auxiliary water tender, but when I browsed through the pack upon installation, it was nowhere to be found.

One of the packages (GS or Daylight ?) at TrainzForge included <kuid:581273:100838> SP GS-4 #4449 Daylight Auxillary Tender.

Peter

One real shame is that a Southern Pacific 2-8-0 has never been made for Trainz. I tried to reskin Trainboi1's UP Consolidation into SP but the results were the lettering in the wrong place. Either that or I got too confused by the texture mapping

One real shame is that a Southern Pacific 2-8-0 has never been made for Trainz. I tried to reskin Trainboi1's UP Consolidation into SP but the results were the lettering in the wrong place. Either that or I got too confused by the texture mapping
It’s very easy to lose yourself in what goes where on textures if you’re not already familiar with it. I’ve had a few road bumps myself. But you know, the easiest way to do it, at least how I do it, is using PAINT.NET, I apply what I wanna apply, in your case relettering, then look at the model to see how it comes out(depending on which version of TRAINZ you have, for TANE using the model preview, or in my case, I still use TS12, so I would use the mesh display on the content creator), and then undo and make any necessary adjustments to get it how I want it. Someone else may have a different approach, but that’s how I go about a not-so-easy reskin. Of course not all skins you can even SEE, such as Lilb’s GS-4, and that’s beyond my field of reskins.

EDIT: Don’t forget to save before you preview, otherwise the changes won’t show up. And keep your painting tool open until you have your reskin exactly how you want it.

Last edited:
Back