All this Southern Pacific Steam Power!

Well that's a shame that Daylighttrain's GS-2,GS-4,and GS-6 have seemed to be called off along with the matching passenger cars...
I don't mean to be offensive anyone,but even if Daylighttrain's GS-4's were released,I would have sticked with Lilb's GS-4,but I would have got Daylighttrain's GS-2's and GS-6's,but Lilb's GS-4 is perfect after a whistle replace and a new engine sound.

You can see how highly detailed Lilb's GS-4 is in these screenshots on the TS12 Mojave Subdivision...

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Lilb even payed attention to the build plates to,along with a plate that is American Freedom Train related.

And with a bogey replacement Magicland's SP daylight cars are not all that bad...

Sure,the bogey I used that was made by Lilb doesn't fit on there perfectly,but it looks better then Magicland's old bogey which was good at the time it was made,but outdated now. Magicland's coaches need the shine removed on them and then the coaches will be good enough for me.

Well that's a shame that Daylighttrain's GS-2,GS-4,and GS-6 have seemed to be called off along with the matching passenger cars...
I don't mean to be offensive anyone,but even if Daylighttrain's GS-4's were released,I would have sticked with Lilb's GS-4,but I would have got Daylighttrain's GS-2's and GS-6's,but Lilb's GS-4 is perfect after a whistle replace and a new engine sound.

You can see how highly detailed Lilb's GS-4 is in these screenshots on the TS12 Mojave Subdivision...

Lilb even payed attention to the build plates to,along with a plate that is American Freedom Train related.

Where can I find this GS-4 engine? Is this model private? Or is there a link to download it?

It's at JointedRail,link here,but the one I used in the screenshots was one that I cloned for personal use so that it had the white walls on it,which came with the pack,but by default the black wall ones were on there. But you need an account to download at JointedRail,but it's well worth making the account since then you also have access to Lilb's steam era rolling stock and a camelback steam locomotive,also made by Lilb,and everything else in the freeware section at JR along with there payware including two SP 4-10-2's,which are definitely worth buying,and I have one of them to.

It's at JointedRail,link here,but the one I used in the screenshots was one that I cloned for personal use so that it had the white walls on it,which came with the pack,but by default the black wall ones were on there. But you need an account to download at JointedRail,but it's well worth making the account since then you also have access to Lilb's steam era rolling stock and a camelback steam locomotive,also made by Lilb,and everything else in the freeware section at JR along with there payware including two SP 4-10-2's,which are definitely worth buying,and I have one of them to.

Oh. That. Now that you mentioned JointedRail, I guess I’m not missing anything, because I already downloaded that long ago.

Lilb may have made the GS-4 in high detail, but he didn't make 4449's auxiliary water tender in high detail. Plus, we don't even know if Daylight has called off the Daylight pack or if he's going to release them on another site, or if he's going to release them at all, though I'm sure that, in time, he can confirm his intentions with the pack.

You do realize that those bogeys have 3 axles, right? Daylight coaches usually had two. Though I understand your feelings, and also from the fact that older bogeys like to rotate at a certain speed on an infinite cycle, and it gets irritating after a while.

Last edited:
Alright hang on to your pants cause I'm about to drop the SP bomb on y'all.

I have a GS-2, GS-6 and GS-64 megapack coming out soon on The Backshops yes, these are payware. Price has yet to be determined. We are currently waiting for licensing from UP before it can be released. And yes, you will be able to use PayPal to pay. The pack includes all GS-2, GS-6 and GS-64 engines in multiple variations and a full 1937 Coast Daylight consist for them plus the additional cars that showed up later on the train. I've also got a SP Lark set coming out later using these cars, but I've still got a lot of work left on them before I'm ready to post any pictures of them.

UODMmm5.jpg

Aside from the content listed above, I've also got a GS-4, GS-3 and potentially a GS-5 as well in the works. Right now I only have 4425 finished for the GS-3s and 4449 for the GS-4s. The roller bearing bogeys are done for the GS-5 but I haven't gotten them in game yet. Right now I have 4449 in her 1980's era appearance. Still on the fence about whether I want to keep my GS-4s and such private or release them, or if there is a demand for them or not.

10W7mzy.jpg

Is it true that you ended your affiliation with The Backshop, and left Trainz? And does that mean this Daylight project of your's is being called off? If so, it would be a bummer, and I'm sorry to hear about it.

I have the loco and tender, but the only passenger cars I could find are almost dayglo. Is there a place to get the cars in Railfan's screenshots above? I could try to modify the ones I have, but I haven't looked to see if it is color or alpha or what the issue is....

The cars RailFan500CA are using are on the download station by magicland. There is also a set on there done by trainboi1.
I darkened magicland's cars a little bit to match them to lilb's GS-4. Except for the shine on them, it is not too bad.
pYcbU3H.jpg

While trainboi's cars don't match the GS-4 perfectly, they still work well and are a perfect match for his P-10 and A-3 class locomotives.

You do realize that those bogeys have 3 axles, right? Daylight coaches usually had two. Though I understand your feelings, and also from the fact that older bogeys like to rotate at a certain speed on an infinite cycle, and it gets irritating after a while.

I could not find any other bogey at that detail that fit decently except the bogey that Lilb used on the 40ft boxcars,and those bogeys were way to small!:hehe: I will get a screenshot later of it. I could try some bogeys used on pullman coaches later,but I want to try to make Magicland's coaches somewhat Lilb quality so that it matches reasonably with Lilb's GS-4. And yes,Magicland's SP daylight coaches are on the DLS,although they were originally made to match with Mrtrain's GS-4,and they had a build number of 1.5,they were updated to build 2.9 so no need for error fixing.

I could not find any other bogey at that detail that fit decently except the bogey that Lilb used on the 40ft boxcars,and those bogeys were way to small!:hehe: I will get a screenshot later of it. I could try some bogeys used on pullman coaches later,but I want to try to make Magicland's coaches somewhat Lilb quality so that it matches reasonably with Lilb's GS-4. And yes,Magicland's SP daylight coaches are on the DLS,although they were originally made to match with Mrtrain's GS-4,and they had a build number of 1.5,they were updated to build 2.9 so no need for error fixing.
Oh well, it is what it is...

while on the subject of Trainboi1's SP Daylight, doesn't anyone know if they made the triplet car and the tavern car, i sort of need them to complete the set

while on the subject of Trainboi1's SP Daylight, doesn't anyone know if they made the triplet car and the tavern car, i sort of need them to complete the set

You mean the triple diner-kitchen-restaurant thing? Yeah, magicland's is still available on the DLS. Tavern car too.

Far as Trainboi's Daylight goes, all he made was the locomotive.

Didn't bother to even craft an auxiliary water tank.

EDIT: Hold that one, it took me a minute to realize what was being talked about. I don't think Trainboi even made the triple-kitchen setup or the tavern car. Sorry about the confusion, I was thinking of lilb's version.

Last edited:
Trainboi1 made the articulated chair cars, regular chair cars, parlor, observation, and baggage cars.

I just had an idea for Daylightrain and his project. We know he’s no longer affiliated with The Backshops. But if he’s still waiting for permission to release this, and if he DOES someday get it, then if he’s looking for a place to release it, then if it would help, I’m gonna suggest 2 places for him to affiliate with to release it.
1) K&L Trainz, because the quality of their payware content is great and highly-detailed.
2) JointedRail, because they released an SP GS-4 before, but as freeware. However, if they can release a Daylight engine once, I wonder if they can do it again, but as payware.

Last edited:
Back