Logtainer

Hi all,

This is going to be posted in the wrong forum but this forum attracts more people hence why it's here so please leave it there for the time being.

I have a project question about a Logtainer.

A Logtainer is a custom designed cradle which sits on top of a wagon and is 20 foot in length like a 20 foot container. A logtainer can be lifted on and off a wagon like a container and gets loaded with logs. The logtainer is pump operated and can be lowered to sit flat with all the poles laying on top of each other and a container can be loaded on top. They're a really interesting designed cradle and I think it would be interesting for anyone who may be interested in making one (commission can be involved).

If anyone was interested I can find all the information required and will help out where I can.

I'm really passionate about these Logtainers as I think they're great design wagon which have multi purposes.

Here is some videos about a Logtainer.

https://youtu.be/brWjXjGc4Ts
https://youtu.be/gGDsbqfBMZ4

I have a fair bit of information about a Logtainer I would pass on if any content creator was interested.

Thanks,
Bradley

Nonononono ! You're thinking in a wrong way, it doesn't mean you don't have the knowledge that someone else will do the work for you, learn, try, practice and watch some tutos on youtube and google on how to create things in blender or gmax for Trainz. Start with a small asset and when you're ready you can do a train, perfection doesn't exists because we're human but the problem is that I told you that multiple times but you don't understand and you keep spamming for asking someone else to do what you want...

Nonononono ! You're thinking in a wrong way, it doesn't mean you don't have the knowledge that someone else will do the work for you, learn, try, practice and watch some tutos on youtube and google on how to create things in blender or gmax for Trainz. Start with a small asset and when you're ready you can do a train, perfection doesn't exists because we're human but the problem is that I told you that multiple times but you don't understand and you keep spamming for asking someone else to do what you want...

Yes I'll admit you're right there and thanks for not getting into me as much as you have on other posts and I'll admit my posts would be annoying and I don't mean them to be it's just I thought someone would maybe be interested but well all I hear is crickets when I ask these things.

I'm contemplating learning to be able to make this maybe as I would assume it's not as hard as creating a locomotive.

I just hope someone would see my interest and passion about these things but I think I just come across as annoying haha.

Yes I'll admit you're right there and thanks for not getting into me as much as you have on other posts and I'll admit my posts would be annoying and I don't mean them to be it's just I thought someone would maybe be interested but well all I hear is crickets when I ask these things.

I'm contemplating learning to be able to make this maybe as I would assume it's not as hard as creating a locomotive.

I just hope someone would see my interest and passion about these things but I think I just come across as annoying haha.

A major problem is TANE can load a product onto a wagon. I'm not sure how you'd load a product of logs onto another product.

Animation and hide the load? Not a simple thing to do.

Cheerio John

A major problem is TANE can load a product onto a wagon. I'm not sure how you'd load a product of logs onto another product.

Animation and hide the load? Not a simple thing to do.

Cheerio John

Yes that's where I was stuck about attempting it, i wasn't sure if someone would be interested in attempting that because I've never seen a asset be able to do that before. So basically it's putting a Logtainer on the wagon then loading logs or a container on them with animations vital for it to work. It'd be an interesting project.

Not sure if it would be best if there were a few meshes, one empty, one collapsed, one loaded with logs and the other collapsed with a container on top?

I don't know how you would be able to put the Logtainer itself on the wagon and then load it with logs or a container and then make the Logtainer end up by itself after you unload the logs or container.

Last edited:
If anyone was interested in creating a 3d model for me I'll pay $100s of dollars (3 digit) to a price suitable on agreement. I will supply all the information and find anything missing to the best I can.

I'm going to get grilled again for not creating it myself and I'm going to create something basic but for Trainz purposes I'd deeply appreciate if someone was actually interested in a project I'd use everyday in my route.

I've got drawings, all the specifications, knowledge about the content itself so I can assure you I will help out.

I'm wanting to learn about the content I'd like created for real life purposes to be able to show my knowledge of the model. In English I mean if for instance it was a locomotive, I'd learn exactly how the real locomotive pulls in real life considering if the enginespec is close to the real one.

I am really really interested and passionate about this and I can't embrace it enough and with all the grilling I get I am going to learn basic 3d modelling but only stick at that.

Please I DO NOT mean to sound annoying and repetitive and most people are busy these days but this would really mean a lot to me.

When I drive train simulators I feel in a whole new world, away from everyone and can focus my mind onto something fantasy and hope to make it a reality eventually.

I accept the roasting I get in here because I do understand your points even if it doesn't sound like it!

I'm thinking of creating just buildings and things but not locomotives etc for Trainz.

Thankyou for the time to read this and I hope someone actually understands my perception.

Yes that's where I was stuck about attempting it, i wasn't sure if someone would be interested in attempting that because I've never seen a asset be able to do that before. So basically it's putting a Logtainer on the wagon then loading logs or a container on them with animations vital for it to work. It'd be an interesting project.

Not sure if it would be best if there were a few meshes, one empty, one collapsed, one loaded with logs and the other collapsed with a container on top?

I don't know how you would be able to put the Logtainer itself on the wagon and then load it with logs or a container and then make the Logtainer end up by itself after you unload the logs or container.

Leave the logtainer on the wagon and use a simple log load? If it was UK based and a standard size we could use one of the underframe libraries then its just a matter of adding a top which is simple enough to do.

The other approach would be to add a second mesh for the container to an existing wagon for the container itself and add a load to that. Is there a wagon of the right size floating around that would carry them? This approach wouldn't take much effort provided we can find a log load of the right size.

Thanks John

Leave the logtainer on the wagon and use a simple log load? If it was UK based and a standard size we could use one of the underframe libraries then its just a matter of adding a top which is simple enough to do.

The other approach would be to add a second mesh for the container to an existing wagon for the container itself and add a load to that. Is there a wagon of the right size floating around that would carry them? This approach wouldn't take much effort provided we can find a log load of the right size.

Thanks John

Yes there's a few wagons, the NQSF wagon and the ICX wagon built in on Trainz 2009. They both correspond with the real wagons in which Logtainers get used on.

This video https://youtu.be/qB_qMcQzMUQ shows all the ways a Logtainer gets used when empty. It's either empty, collapsed with nothing on top or collapsed and then loaded with a container on top. The only thing this video doesn't show is the Logtainer loaded with logs in which I could find if necessary and the wagon I use as a ICX wagon.

The first few wagons behind the locomotives are one of the types of wagons that get loaded with Logtainers which is the NQSF wagon I use in Trainz.

This video shows that wagon loaded with containers, empty Logtainers, collapsed Logtainers and collapsed Logtainers loaded with containers on top.

Last edited:
Yes there's a few wagons, the NQSF wagon and the ICX wagon built in on Trainz 2009. They both correspond with the real wagons in which Logtainers get used on.

So if you used two products, one logs and the other the container visually it would look like a container full of logs. What are the kuids for the wagons and I'll take a look at what attachment points they have. If the logs are around then its just a matter of creating the container.

Cheerio John

So if you used two products, one logs and the other the container visually it would look like a container full of logs. What are the kuids for the wagons and I'll take a look at what attachment points they have. If the logs are around then its just a matter of creating the container.

Cheerio John

Sent you a message, thanks.

Yes, I saw the first video you posted but I couldn't tell what the empty state was.
Is this the same as building a flatbed wagon with the log spikes upright. The load could be logs or containers and when containers are selected the spikes go down to alllow the container to be loaded. It needs some clever scripter to control this function.

Ken

Yes, I saw the first video you posted but I couldn't tell what the empty state was.
Is this the same as building a flatbed wagon with the log spikes upright. The load could be logs or containers and when containers are selected the spikes go down to alllow the container to be loaded. It needs some clever scripter to control this function.

Ken

Think in terms of a container mesh and a log mesh. Forget the empties for the moment. Flat wagon with a couple of attachment points or even one. One visible load would be the four prongs sticking up. The other visible load would be logs. Just have them both on the wagon at the same time. The trick is to find a flat wagon of the right type and logs of the right dimensions. Once that's sorted out the prongs are fairly simple to do as a product.

Step two might be to create a product of a collapsed set of prongs and a another of a stack of them.

Cheerio John

Think in terms of a container mesh and a log mesh. Forget the empties for the moment. Flat wagon with a couple of attachment points or even one. One visible load would be the four prongs sticking up. The other visible load would be logs. Just have them both on the wagon at the same time. The trick is to find a flat wagon of the right type and logs of the right dimensions. Once that's sorted out the prongs are fairly simple to do as a product.

Step two might be to create a product of a collapsed set of prongs and a another of a stack of them.

Cheerio John

Yes I see, that cuts out the animation and keeps it simple.

Ken

Back