Downloading Railyards From DLS

From the DLS I downloaded a BNSF Railyard that is on 1 baseboard and looks pretty good for my TS12. Any suggestions on any other small, medium or large railyards I could download from the DLS to add those baseboard/s to my route baseboards when I make some new routes? Sure, I'll make my own yards as well, but yards that are already built will make things go quicker, even if I have to tweak it. Thanks.

Take a look at SAP Yard Merge Module.
It's a medium sized North America 1950's Yard [FONT=&quot]KUID: [/FONT][FONT=&quot]<KUID:439337:101650>.

[/FONT]

You might want to look at the Bellevue Yard - aka:

<kuid2:203554:100656:1> Norfolk Southern Yard Module - Working day - SP with Portals (BETA)
<kuid2:203554:100102:6> Norfolk Southern Yard Module
<kuid2:203554:100425:2> Norfolk Southern Yard Module - Basic

This is very well done.

You might want to look at the Bellevue Yard - aka:

<kuid2:203554:100656:1> Norfolk Southern Yard Module - Working day - SP with Portals (BETA)
<kuid2:203554:100102:6> Norfolk Southern Yard Module
<kuid2:203554:100425:2> Norfolk Southern Yard Module - Basic

This is very well done.

Thanks for the input and in fact I tried to download that one as well as some other similar yards. For some reason I couldn't download them. I made several attempts with no success. Not sure what happened. Maybe they're for T:ANE only. I was able to download some other yards but some of the them looked like they were made in 2009 or 2005, so I replaced those tracks with JR's and did additional tweaking.

Thanks for the input and in fact I tried to download that one as well as some other similar yards. For some reason I couldn't download them. I made several attempts with no success. Not sure what happened. Maybe they're for T:ANE only. I was able to download some other yards but some of the them looked like they were made in 2009 or 2005, so I replaced those tracks with JR's and did additional tweaking.

These are in fact T:ANE only. I just noticed since you have Mac Trainz 2, which is closer to TS12 from what I remember.

These are in fact T:ANE only. I just noticed since you have Mac Trainz 2, which is closer to TS12 from what I remember.

I checked out T:ANE but won't get it until I buy a more modern computer eventually. The current one is 7yrs old but I updated its program to Mac High Sierra. The graphics look pretty good. I notice that on my TS12 that the light posts at night don't shine on any of the locos or rolling stock. Is that different in T:ANE?

Last edited:
Hey. I been working on modeling Florida lines. Ill see if I can "isolate" what I have of the Moncrief yard in Jacksonville, FL w/ neighboring lines. Its bare track w/ signals - signals are JR SAFE style- but everything else (I think) is game stock in what ive put down so far. But if you want to look at it Id not mind learning to upload and any comments (even if it sucks) - Id classify it as a large yard w/ about 40 lines not counting the neighbors w/ main thrulines running N/S (NW to SE actually)

Hey. I been working on modeling Florida lines. Ill see if I can "isolate" what I have of the Moncrief yard in Jacksonville, FL w/ neighboring lines. Its bare track w/ signals - signals are JR SAFE style- but everything else (I think) is game stock in what ive put down so far. But if you want to look at it Id not mind learning to upload and any comments (even if it sucks) - Id classify it as a large yard w/ about 40 lines not counting the neighbors w/ main thrulines running N/S (NW to SE actually)

Sure, if you can get it onto the DLS and if it's compatible with TS12, I'll take a look at it. If it's ok with you, I would like to make some adjustments or tweaks to it for my layout. Some users scale their layouts in N, HO and others while just use Lifesize scale. The guys on this forum will be more than happy to help you with explaining to you how to save and upload your content to DLS as am not at that stage yet. I have just now got to the part of learning how to reskin assets.

yea; I use TS12 and I have it at lifesize. The yard it's self is about 8500 ft x 1000 ft- the entire area im cutting down to is about 13 baseboards- but you could slim it down to 5 or 6 if you really wanted to get to just the basic yard.

Sure, if you can get it onto the DLS and if it's compatible with TS12, I'll take a look at it. If it's ok with you, I would like to make some adjustments or tweaks to it for my layout. Some users scale their layouts in N, HO and others while just use Lifesize scale. The guys on this forum will be more than happy to help you with explaining to you how to save and upload your content to DLS as am not at that stage yet. I have just now got to the part of learning how to reskin assets.

OK It should be available - uploaded w/o dependencies (as I said all but signals are already in game to my knowledge- and signals are safetran by JR - Moncrief Yard - <kuid:803204:100232>

I have built several "Hump Yards" that uncouple cars, and they roll downhill at very slow speeds of 10 mph ... if you want one contact me ... Free Skype transfers the CDP files easily

yea; I use TS12 and I have it at lifesize. The yard it's self is about 8500 ft x 1000 ft- the entire area im cutting down to is about 13 baseboards- but you could slim it down to 5 or 6 if you really wanted to get to just the basic yard.

Sounds good. Fire at me what you have and I'll see what I can do or use at my end. If you do any other yards, whether they be small, medium or large and whether they fictional or not, let me know and I'll download them from the DLS.

I have built several "Hump Yards" that uncouple cars, and they roll downhill at very slow speeds of 10 mph ... if you want one contact me ... Free Skype transfers the CDP files easily

Or if you can upload them to the DLS, I'd be fine downloading them from there. I downloaded the Matlin Hump Yard from DLS.

I checked out T:ANE but won't get it until I buy a more modern computer eventually. The current one is 7yrs old but I updated its program to Mac High Sierra. The graphics look pretty good. I notice that on my TS12 that the light posts at night don't shine on any of the locos or rolling stock. Is that different in T:ANE?

That is different in T:ANE. That was a bug in TS12 from what I remember.

Or if you can upload them to the DLS, I'd be fine downloading them from there. I downloaded the Matlin Hump Yard from DLS.
Can't do that ... I don't have T:ANE installed on my 32 bit PC

If you want a yard only from the DLS ... then be settled with what little is on the DLS

I was offering to provide you with a custom yard that you want ... How would I know what you want, if you don't tell me ?

Last edited:
When I modified the Railyard I downloaded from DLS, I didn't check what scale it was made in before I reworked it and hit Save As. Where can I find out what scale was used because I want to make sure I'm making the route in Real Lifesize Scale. Secondly, if the route was a TS 2009 edition and I replaced all of the rails and saved it under a new name, is it still a TS 2009 file? Or is it saved in a new TS12 updated file? If I find out that the scale I was working is "not" Lifesize, is there anyway I can fix it?

Back