Alternatives to raildriver?

lesf

Was just about to buy TANE (or maybe even model railroad 2017) and after looking at the keyboard shortcuts, thought it might be great to find add on hardware to make running it more fun. Thats when I found raildriver and started reading all the stuff flying back and forth over the last few years over not working with trainz.

Is there an alternative to raildriver that is compatible with current Trainz products? I am half tempted to start looking at other software instead. (I have not bought anything at this point so its real easy to choose another company's software) I remember how awful it was to use a keyboard with the old MS flight simulator.

Any good "pre sales" advice to a Trainz newbie would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Les

Hello,
Sadly RD doesn't work with TANE or TMR17 (Heard that next TANE update will have preparations for RD tho).

You'll be better off getting TS12 as that does support RD, even the latest service packs as well support RD.

As for alternatives, I'm not aware of any other kind of driving controllers / software.

Hope it helps

Was just about to buy TANE (or maybe even model railroad 2017) and after looking at the keyboard shortcuts, thought it might be great to find add on hardware to make running it more fun. Thats when I found raildriver and started reading all the stuff flying back and forth over the last few years over not working with trainz.

Is there an alternative to raildriver that is compatible with current Trainz products? I am half tempted to start looking at other software instead. (I have not bought anything at this point so its real easy to choose another company's software) I remember how awful it was to use a keyboard with the old MS flight simulator.

Any good "pre sales" advice to a Trainz newbie would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Les

There is nothing yet, but an API is currently being developed by the community in the form of TNI or TrainzNativeInterface. There is a mention of it here http://www.trainzportal.com/news/view/view/tane-new-external-beta-ready. This will allow T:ANE to be used with raildriver, raspberry pi, and other user made interfaces.

I don't know how fast anything will be released, but if you buy T:ANE and then join the developer community, you might find out more.

Back