Introduction and Looking to collaborate and bring out content

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure TS12 is even worth bothering with at this stage and that's coming from a long time hold-out. TANE itself will at some stage in the next few months be usurped by N3V's "Next" aka 2018 edition.

May be worth the OP checking out Steam as the Easter sale is now on, so might get a good price on TANE.

Last edited:
Thanks, Still sitting on the fence. Trainz Simulator 2012 or T:ANE. Personally they both have their pros and cons however the biggest let down is that T:ANE as the base game itself has content that's so different. There's some excellent stuff and then there's models that don't look as good as the rest.

Most likely going to settle with Trainz Simulator 2012. Quite a few people in India have it and it's cheap to buy on Steam for them as well.

At the moment many content creators work in TANE but set the version number to 3.5 or TS12. The new FBX exporters will only work in TANE.

Today the TANE standard price is $24.99 and I'd go for a First class ticket at $26 which gives you 40% off since N3V are having an Easter Sale so 25% off $25+ 40% off $50+ and 50% off $100+ until April 9th 2018.

Cheerio John

The content in T:ANE is not much different than is TS12, and includes much content that is in TS12 to begin with.

TS12 is old by today's standards and will go off support soon. There's a schedule in the Wiki on supported products. With T:ANE you will have support for direct FBX import of models using the FBX exporter in many 3d modeling programs so you are not married to a single program or two. TS12 only supports the older im mesh format. There will be support also very soon for PBR textures and other stuff, which definitely will never be supported with TS12. Once you get yourself a copy of the the program, you can have read-only access to the Developer's forum (Trainz Dev forum), where these things are discussed in the open about this stuff.

As far as models not looking as good as the rest in T:ANE. What you are seeing are some much, much older content which is still in use today, which was created some 10 years ago or longer. That's the nature of Trainz in general with compatibility for older content within the program within limits that the older content has. But there's a caveat here. The older content will not support the newer things which were introduced with TS12 SP1 and later, including many scripts which came out post that content build. The Trainz product is a very complex creature, much different than any of the other simulator or games on the market today. Once you delve into the depths of Trainz, you'll see what I mean by this.

As far as which version to get, it's your decision to make and you can always get both program versions if you want, which is recommended anyway because it gives you the chance to build in TS12 and then test in T:ANE to ensure your models still work especially if you are interested in building assets.

That explains it. T:ANE really should've had better models made. I would've preferred lesser and better models and routes than old models. Really does let the game down and I hope things improve.

Last edited:
That explains it. T:ANE really should've had better models made. I would've preferred lesser and better models and routes than old models. Really does let the game down and I hope things improve.

Think about it. I'd say more than 95% of the content is none N3V. TANE can still use content from earlier versions. Some content can take a year or two to get done. The content quality is very variable but there are some gems in the content available and no other sim has the range that TANE has.

Cheerio John

If anyone is interested in helping us out please email us at [email address removed] and let us know what you can help us out with i.e. texturing or coding.

Regards,
Folks at Pegasus Designs[/I]

Still have not made a purchase here, you have taxed everyone for info, who are you. The cost to purchase TANE is miniscule, and yet you can't do it... How do you want us to help you if you can't pay.. Do you have a website we can visit? Do you work for the competition? Please elaborate... India is on Planet Earth, a planet we all live on. So we all live and die by the same rules, right?

Here, I will give you something for free that I made...

Code:
Public NotInheritable Class Simple3Des

Private TripleDes As New TripleDESCryptoServiceProvider

Private Function TruncateHash(ByVal key As String, ByVal length As Integer) As Byte()

Dim sha1 As New SHA1CryptoServiceProvider
        ' Hash the key.
        Dim keyBytes() As Byte = System.Text.Encoding.Unicode.GetBytes(key)
        Dim hash() As Byte = sha1.ComputeHash(keyBytes)
        ' Truncate or pad the hash.
        ReDim Preserve hash(length - 1)
        Return hash

End Function
    Sub New(ByVal key As String)

' Initialize the crypto provider.
        TripleDes.Key = TruncateHash(key, TripleDes.KeySize \ 8)
        TripleDes.IV = TruncateHash("", TripleDes.BlockSize \ 8)

End Sub
    Public Function DecryptData(ByVal encryptedtext As String) As String

' Convert the encrypted text string to a byte array.
        Dim encryptedBytes() As Byte = Convert.FromBase64String(encryptedtext)
        ' Create the stream.
        Dim ms As New System.IO.MemoryStream
        ' Create the decoder to write to the stream.
        Dim decStream As New CryptoStream(ms, TripleDes.CreateDecryptor(), System.Security.Cryptography.CryptoStreamMode.Write)
        ' Use the crypto stream to write the byte array to the stream.
        decStream.Write(encryptedBytes, 0, encryptedBytes.Length)
        decStream.FlushFinalBlock()
        ' Convert the plaintext stream to a string.
        Return System.Text.Encoding.Unicode.GetString(ms.ToArray)

End Function
    Public Function EncryptData(ByVal plaintext As String) As String

' Convert the plaintext string to a byte array.
        Dim plaintextBytes() As Byte = System.Text.Encoding.Unicode.GetBytes(plaintext)
        ' Create the stream.
        Dim ms As New System.IO.MemoryStream
        ' Create the encoder to write to the stream.
        Dim encStream As New CryptoStream(ms, TripleDes.CreateEncryptor(), System.Security.Cryptography.CryptoStreamMode.Write)
        ' Use the crypto stream to write the byte array to the stream.
        encStream.Write(plaintextBytes, 0, plaintextBytes.Length)
        encStream.FlushFinalBlock()
        ' Convert the encrypted stream to a printable string.
        Return Convert.ToBase64String(ms.ToArray)

End Function

End Class

Wait for the next sale.
Price is always around INR 212.
Equivalent to 3.27USD
Get TANE, it uses now FBX export models. Blender can be used for non commercial developers.

My thoughts it's a spy for the competition, or someone writing a news article, that can't afford to buy the Trainz sim. IMO :cool:

If it's a con of some sort, it seems to be an awful lot of work for no particular benefit.

It's a strange welcome to roll out to potential content creators.

Proof of the pudding will be the OP to produce screenshots of the type/level of work they can produce, even if it's only in the 3D modeler environment.

If it's a con of some sort, it seems to be an awful lot of work for no particular benefit.

It's a strange welcome to roll out to potential content creators.

I guess i'm way to skeptical, just makes me wonder, I have had people play me like this before to gain information for their projects, was going to purchase, then he didn't, that's the tip for me...

Where are your registered trainz versions? Sounds hinkey.

Sorry you feel that way, quite simple since we are currently out for a small Easter break we don't have a reliable internet connection to download T:ANE which is the game we plan to use as a basis. I'll be back Monday night so I plan to buy it on Tuesday and have it installed.

It's now Thursday

The benefit is the collection of e-mail addresses. Verified addresses with a specific area of interest are much more valuable than those just harvested at random, and worth the trouble of some sophisticated scamming. The original post is actually a template with the topic of the forum and some related keywords pasted in where applicable.

I just did a search for "Pegasus Designs" and "Pegasus Designs India" and all Google came up with under images was a removed YouTube clip with the description "TrainSim India *A Game by Team "3583Bytes" and "Pegasus Designs".

Again if the OP could provide a link to a proper home website (i.e. not a pinterest or similar cut and paste effort) that would go some way to verifying their authenticity. But as noted a couple of posts above I would be very skeptical about providing any personal information outside your public forum profile and in no circumstances divulge any bank etc. details.

It could be this, look at this link https://www.shapeways.com/shops/pegasusdesigns, might want to see if your design shows up.

What you will see are 3D printer outputs from a design program, ie Blender. If anyone were to give their design to them, they could just print them off and sell the 3D printer outputs... The 1:76 scale is OO gauge, 1:160 is N gauge, 1:450 is T gauge.

It is plausible, so it can't be discounted yet, not saying this is what is really there.

We're back finally. Just wanted to say thank you to a few people.

Firstly since our last posting there's been an issue with reCAPTCHA and hence why I couldn't post all these days. I got in touch with N3V and they managed to sort out the issue within a few days. So thanks to N3V for their help.

I'd also like to thank the people who kindly supported my small dream. About 3-4 people both on and off this forum have been very kind and offered support with both the texturing and coding. I will be posting images of our CAD work over the next few days.

Regarding the game itself, we don't really favour any one game. We'd like to release our content on both of the well known platforms. With regards to N3V's products, as I made it clear before I didn't much approve of T:ANE as I personally feel that T:ANE was a huge let down thanks to the game having content which was in my eyes of different standards. That was the deal breaker for me personally. Those are my views and I am not enforcing my opinion upon anyone. I did want to release the content for TRS2012 but as many people pointed out support for the game was going to end soon. However every cloud has a silver lining and with that I was told that the next version of T:ANE which was T:ANE Nxt if my memory serves me right is due for release soon. I have my hopes up and based on the game I will surely buy it and have our content released for the upcoming version from N3V. As the situation stands, I won't be parting with any hard earned cash for TRS2012 as the game's support will cease shortly and surely not T:ANE for reasons I already listed.

Watch this thread over the next few days, I'll have some CAD images posted soon. Some people have their doubts and I can't change their opinion. I'm not scamming anyone. As for those with their wild assumptions I've just decided to ignore them. I have faith in my 3D modelling abilities and the people who've offered to help me are good at their work too.

Regards,
PD Team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back