Error: Failed to commit changes to asset <kuid2:242091:1021:1> due to file access err

jebartle

Error: Failed to commit changes to asset <kuid2:242091:1021:1> due to file access err

I just strarted to use 2009 and 2010. All the assets I've tryed to dl give me the problem

Error: Failed to commit changes to asset <kuid2:242091:1021:1> due to file access error
^any kuid I've tryed^

Even when I try content saved on my hard drive, I would get above errors.
:(

You may need to run a database repair, or have you tried that already?

If not it's found in Content Manager under the File menu on the left. Run a Quick Database Repair (QDR for short) first.

Error: Failed to commit changes to asset <kuid2:242091:1021:1> due to file access error

I have been getting this error, not on a regular basis, in TANE ever since TANE SP2 came out. I have reported it as a bug but I am unable to reliably reproduce the conditions that cause it. A database repair does not fix the problem or prevent its occurrence.

My original post on the problem is at https://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?139564-SP2-CM-not-always-committing-edited-assets

The only workaround I have is to close CM, close TANE, restart TANE, open CM and then commit the asset - so far that has worked every time.

Last edited:
I tried the QDR still no luck. Will try a full Data Base Repair. I have also tried the delete/recommit with no success. I am ready to quit and just give up.

Well I did a Full QDR and still can't commit assets. I also removed 2009 and reinstalled making sure virus program was disabled. Still will not commit assets.
So is my copy no good!

Don't give up yet!

Are you running as administrator?

This is a requirement for running older versions of Trainz, below T:ANE, on Windows 7 and up.

Whilst you
'reinstalled making sure virus program was disabled'
your runtime problems suggest that your anti-virus may be intercepting and blocking file operations during your attempts to save content.
Accordingly, may I suggest that you make your TS2009 and TS2010 folders and contents exempt from AV scanning?
Exclude all Trainz programs and Userdata folders from run-time scanning.

Will give it a try, thank you
Tryed no sucess
have concluded 2009 is junk if you can not commit why play
junck what a waste of my money

Last edited:
Hello, I had it and looked at but I found out that cause by Malwarebyte program!!! You need to quit on it before start Trainz
hope It help you !! to Kill it :udrool:

John

I did the Malwarebyte fix and it seems to help, I finally got one asset to commit that won't
will let you know how things go

Back