The passing of Ben Dorsey on Saturday 24 March 2018

I'm devastated. Ben contacted me a couple of years ago and asked for scripting help which I gave. Since then we exchanged e-mails almost daily and I got to know him very well. We shared many interests and could chat about almost anything from trainz, to motorcycles, navy/coastguard time, and football. Ben never had a bad word for anyone and was the nicest person I've met, although from a distance.

I shall miss him.

My condolences on the passing of such a great creator. I shall sound a 21 whistle salute and wish you smooth rails to the final station in the sky. Rest easy, Sir.

Maybe not, but if you drove a route downloaded from the DLS you most likely used his content. He was easily one of the top five freeware contributor to Trainz of all time. His freeware content on the DLS numbers in the several thousands. Anyone who has created a Trainz route most likely owes him a debt for the fine freeware content he contributed toward making their creations happen. He never asked for anything for all the work he did for all of us, including me. I will miss him!

Maybe its time to have a N3V Trainz Content Developers Hall of Fame and I vote that he be the very first inductee into it.....

Bob

I whole heartedly agree. I officially second the motion for a Trainz H.O.F. and the induction of Mr Ben Dorsey.

I was worried when we didn't hear from Ben lately.

Ben is in a much better place, Cancer has to be one of the worst to face, and Ben faced it bravely as anyone could have.

He will always be remembered as a master creator of unique and inspiring Assets, and a Prince of a Man...............

Rest in Peace my friend you'll be forever remembered.

9c61b9451d140e853a4a0ee40eeaf4ec--vita.jpg

He's probably way up there, on the train, in the clouds.

Rest in peace Ben, words cannot express how thankful we are for all you've done.

wrEqmFU.jpg

Dorsey Bridge on the Coal County Railroad.

Such very sad news,

To me he will always be Clamshell Ben,

Thanks Ben for all you gave this community.

Ben Dorsey.. Trainz legend, RIP.

My condolences to Ben’s family.
I didn’t know him, but his work on Belah and Deepdale viaducts was the catalyst which set me off on my Stainmore project.. He will be a huge miss to the community.
Ian

Bloke was a champion. Kind-hearted and selfless. The amount of time he spent doing good for the rest of us, unheard of. Once in a generation kinda guy

RIP Ben

Jamie

I followed his struggle with cancer, appreciating his willingness to share the journey. He has brought life, humanness, to the world of Trainz that matches the excellence of the assets he created.

We will miss him.

Condolences

My condolences to Ben's family and friends. :(

Ben was a fantastic creator of many things for Trainz and He will be a sad loss to the community.

Although I've never met Ben, I've recently been downloading many of his great assets that he has created to add to my first go at designing a route.

RIP Ben :(

Michael

I've used his assets and modified several. I've asked him once about re-uploading an edited depot. He replied that he was fine with it since people were using it (his assets), or some type of response like that... lost that email... He was a kind soul.

Guess Ben crossed his final trestle. Green Signals ahead my friend.

Ben was the king of static bridge assets, large and small. Not many routebuilding Trainzers would not have used them somewhere.

He will indeed be missed, and his legacy collection of assets on the DLS will hopefully continue in service and remind us of his efforts.

Sad news, I didn't have any direct contact or dealings with him but RIP Ben Dorsey.

Rob.

The Trainz community owes a lot to Ben. His prolific creations, anything from bridges to wagons, earned him a special place in our hobby. But it was his generous contributions in time and knowledge; a genuine willingness to share, that marks him as special. A lot of e-mails passed between us; not just on content creation, but all subjects, Coast Guard, Merchant Marine, biker bars.....you name it. I'll miss you, Ben; as a Traizer, a sailor, and a great person to know!

Back