Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The passing of Ben Dorsey on Saturday 24 March 2018

United States of America, Arkansas, Harrison

Unhappy The passing of Ben Dorsey on Saturday 24 March 2018

With the permission of the family, it is my sad duty to inform the Trainz world that Ben Dorsey, a contributor of many thousands of high quality Trainz freeware content, passed away due to cancer on Saturday March 24, 2018.

I have collaborated with Ben on and off in the Trainz hobby for a number of years and have talked with him on the phone a number of times while working projects with him that usually ended up in my routes.

This is truly a great loss to the Trainz community and I am much saddened by his passing!

FYI I am currently working with his family to see if all his work can be sent to me so that it is not lost to the Trainz hobby.

For details on his funeral and to sign the guest book see this link:

http://www.memorialsolutions.com/sit...ser_id=2086619

Bob

Such sad news, Bob! Rest in Peace, Ben, you will be missed.

Blog Entries

Very saddening moment indeed.

That also means the end of new content from Mr. Dorsey. Although he has left behind a massive library of free content that will continue to loyally serve the Trainzer and furthermore, be the envoy of the legacy he left in our railroading community.

You will be missed very much, bendorsey.

I’m sorry to read this. Ben, the trestle guy, was one of the nicest and more relaxed people in the world of Trainz. I enjoyed the discussions in topics and PMs and, of course, his work.
    He was already being missed, I am sure it will become more.
    I am happy for him he no longer has to fight this horrible disease.

May you rest in peace, Ben.

Quote Originally Posted by shebashetan7 View Post
    Very saddening moment indeed.

That also means the end of new content from Mr. Dorsey. Although he has left behind a massive library of free content that will continue to loyally serve the Trainzer and furthermore, be the envoy of the legacy he left in our railroading community.

You will be missed very much, bendorsey.
    You're much concerned about his content that his death that's very good...

Anyway cancer is a d**k and my condolences to his family.

2018 - Début de fin des Z2N

Yes indeed sad news and my condolences to his family.

United States of America, Washington State, Tacoma Area

I am very sorry to hear of his passing. My condolences to his family. He will be missed.
    Don49plm

Blog Entries

My condolences to Ben's family. Another sad loss of one of our prolific creators. Sadly, in the words of the hymn, "time like a rolling stream bears all it's sons away". Fortunately, for the future of Trainz, there does seem to be a fresh generation of creators to take up the torch.
    John,
    (A bear of little brain)

United States of America, Illinois, Palatine
    Blog Entries

This is very sad news indeed, my deep condolences to his family. Im truly sadden to hear this as he has done a lot for this community and has contributed to many projects over the years (including mine), and was always a pleasure to both talk and work with on projects. He quickly became a great friend to me and I’m so glad he was able to finish everything I ask for him to make. As long as you have drawings or reference photos, he would never say no to you when you ask him if he could make content. I remember once he told me "The reason why I alway's say yes is because I love a challenge and to make something I never made before". He will truly be missed by many.
    Last edited by Matt3985; March 28th, 2018 at 05:14 PM.

Sad news indeed, had hoped he would make it, but alas, such it was not to happen. May he rest in peace, will miss him. As others say, he was such a nice guy, enjoyed the contact we had over the years.

Linda, sad in Norway but glad he no longer has to suffer.

United States of America, Georgia, Rocky Face
    Blog Entries

This is a sad news indeed. I wouldn't be surprised if he's created more content on the Download Station than anyone else for Trainz. He will be missed indeed. If I ever get around to this, I plan on making a model of the Tennessee Valley Railroad Museum. I was going to ask Ben to help me out with the buildings after he got done helping you out Matt, but it appears that the TVRM might never appear in Trainz. However, he did help me out by repairing his D&RGW gondola, modifying his Engine_Complex roundhouse, modifying his Rose_Oil_Column, and a few others, most recently turning 'WP&Y_Carcross_Coal_Platform', which consumes coal into 'Small_3_ft_ga_Coalings_Station', which produces coal. Unfortunately, it has never made it to the DLS, but I hope that there's a way that I can upload it myself as a memorial to Ben. He will be missed for sure. Also, someone should make some sort of memorial to him and then upload it to the DLS.
    IT'S FOOTBALL TIME, IN TENNESSEE!

United States of America, Nebraska, Lincoln

RIP Ben. Thoughts and prayers for his family.

rest in peace dearest trestleBen .. my condolences to the family and friends ...

Blog Entries

My thoughts are also with his family and friends. I had only a few brief conversations with him, via PM, and found him to be both generous in giving permissions for reskins of his work and helpful in the advice that he gave.

He will be sadly missed.
    TRS19 Platinum 105100 - TRS19 SP1 (standard) 105096 - TANE SP4 (RC beta) 105476

very sad news, thoughts and prayers for family and friends.

-Andrew