Question

VIA6415

Canaidan Route Builter
Quick Question: Does anyone cares about the stuff I made in the past or now?

The reason I ask it t to see what everyone thinks of me (My Content/Routes), Thinking about a new a porch to Trainz and content creating.

Does anyone cares about the stuff I made in the past or now?
Short answer: Yes and no.

Longer answer:

Your really early work I didn't like, mainly because it had the same quality as my own work :hehe:. Some of your later work is really nice.
As I am currently trying to build a route based on Canada, I like some of your work as you seem to be one of the rare people that models Canadian stuff, but I personally have no interest or care for the stuff you decided to host on your own website. That is not a personal thing but just that, like some others, don't want to send people on a KUID hunting trip to third party website that might or might not have closed down, in case I release another route or session. For the same reason I liked the (pictures of the) route you were working on, till I discovered how much KUID hunting I had to do.

In general:

Create content because you like to create content.
Share it (on the DLS) if you want to share it.
If you create content just to make others happy, you will probably not get the joy out of it for the time invested.

Just as an example: Some of the assets I spend a lot of time on, hardly get downloaded and never show up in screenshots. My most downloaded asset took me only a few minutes to create. I like it when I see an asset getting download a thousand+ times or show up in a screenshot (which so far have been about 3 assets), but if not, o well, I got the most joy out of the creation process and the idea that a few people like some of the stuff. Lucky for me (and my modeling skills), my paid job is not Trainz related.

So if creating and sharing content makes you happy, please do so. If not, don't. In both cases, save yourself the drama of making a big deal about it; it is not your life / status / income depending on it.

true, to be honest given up on trainz and over the past 2 years I put out less and less or nothing at all and anything I do put out is solely for use on my CAC map, The Kuid last gets updated with every new release of the next version of the map, If you remember the Dragons Pass stuff and the Doom coaster just to name a few throws wore made for fun and everyone seem to enjoy them at there prime, I wouldn't dear release something like that now days. My create content days are long over and anything I do make is privet or released on DLS and it's up to the user to do whatever with it "reskin it".

Now with my Trainz PC down, I have no reason to bother with creating content, and or wend it will be fixed I'm not sure so it may be a while before I do anything new even on the CAC map its self. Back in the day, I use to put out stuff I honestly wish I didn't and the old Tier 2 and 1 crap I wish it would all be removed off DLS and keep only the good stuff. the hiddes DCI set a and the ugly steam loco with those horrible cars shod be sent to the trainz graveyard to name a few.

The VIA set made the only car I hate is the parked car, The rest of the set has seen been one of my best models, Throws cars wore built with 6 meshes some of them.

Back