Vanishing 3rd party content

Thanks John, this is very valuable information to have. So did the lead developer offer a reason for this not being a change made to the game itself? It seems to be a tad bit more important to the experience of using the software than say, having ripples in rain puddles or raindrops on windshields.

William

absolutely, the fix is obscure and quite complex, i did try it i think and it didn't work for me ..... i think NV3 consider people who drive more then they do people who make routes, as i expect there are always more of them than route makers.

So you claim not to have "spit the dummy", then proceed to spit the dummy.

May I ask why someone who regards Trainz as a "dying simulator" is still lurking around on its forums? The OP made a perfectly good point. It's people like you that have turned so many people off Trainz.

If you feel you deserve more than a thank you and credit for your creations, offer them as payware. If not, stop complaining. But either way you look at it, you did indeed spit the dummy.
Why bump this thread ? If what you are referring to is a post from: March 22, 2018, and the last post was March 26, 2018

I commented just to increase my post count. :hehe: Surely, you don't have a problem with that?

William

Did someone say waffle? :mop:
wafflecar2.jpg

Back on topic, if you turn on the "show missing objects" you'll get a bunch of orange wire frames where the missing objects are located. From local context, it can often be determined what that object should be. Delete and replace. Once the obvious ones have been replaced, best guess for the remainder or just bulk delete missing objects. And if the route isn't that interesting anyway, delete it, there are others to have fun with so don't waste your time.

As for the issue of missing unknown objects, I think that is the price we pay for having an open system. Anyone can contribute but those same people can remove their contributions at a whim or for cause. If this was a closed shop with everything centrally controlled, this might be different but then we would have other issues to complain about.

Back