Southern Pacific 2-8-0?

hholdenaz

I tried to reskin one of Bdaneal's consolidations into a Southern Pacific 2-8-0, but unfortunately, the texture wouldn’t load. That’s why I’m asking: does anybody know of a Trainz model of a Southern Pacific 2-8-0 anywhere?

The closest I could find was a C&O G7 made by somebody called The Gibsonian and it was going to be released on the DLS but for some reason I don’t know, it never was.

Trainboi1 originally said he might make his Harriman 2-8-0 into an SP version but I'm pretty sure that fell by the wayside long ago.

Was the texture unable to load error by the program you use to edit the image or by Content Manager? It sounds like you've saved it as a compressed TGA file.

Shane

Was the texture unable to load error by the program you use to edit the image or by Content Manager? It sounds like you've saved it as a compressed TGA file.

Shane

1. Content manager

2. I did. Then I tried saving it to a BMP but that didn’t work either.

Fair enough (although the error message usually says exactly what failed to load as well which can help work out what the problem was).

Shane

Well, I didn't try it again, but I did try another model today and got something similar. Here's the error I got:

Error: The texture 'number board alpha.bmp' failed to load.

Normally, it would be best to resize it, but it's already 32X128. Therefore, I'm not sure what to do.

EDIT: I managed to fix it by using Paint instead of GIMP. Not sure what to do about TGAs though.

Last edited:
Whenever you export a TGA in GIMP, be sure to uncheck the "RLE Compression" box before saving. Trainz does not support compressed TGA's.

If you are using Bdaneals method of lettering wich involves a tga for the Numbers and the cab sides do not paint the whole thing black, just do the lettering.that tga is number.tga for the locomotive and the one for the tender iis text.tga

Back