Download Station Server Full?

Fast premium downloads are things you should only see on free file hosting sites, not paid products. It is squeezing every dime left after buying the game/sim.

Marcos

Fast premium downloads are things you should only see on free file hosting sites, not paid products. It is squeezing every dime left after buying the game/sim.

Marcos

It's a bit like file hosting sites though - it costs money to maintain servers.

Shane

I used to be a very keen railway modeller who could make models to a reasonably good standard and then I became ill. As a result of ongoing illness I can no longer build layouts or models and I was a very sad and not very happy woman until I discovered Trainz Simulator. Digital railway modelling has turned my quality of life around and I pretty much regard the money I spend on buying First Class Tickets as being the same as what I used to spend on modelling materials, - only significantly cheaper I might add, - so for me I don't mind at all having to buy tickets to get a better download speed. Servers cost money to run and having a daughter who has worked as a software trouble shooter for a number of companies I know this very much for a fact. And really you have to admit the First Class Tickets are cheap enough, - if I can afford them on my Invalid's pension surely anyone can.

When you buy this sim, you get plenty of content included with it, to the point you can drive the sessions without downloading anything. If you want to add content, they offer a way to get it free. If you don't like how long it takes to add content to your purchase, you can expedite it with a first class ticket. Much like getting free shipping, but you want it tomorrow, so you add on next day air, which will cost more money. It's an easy concept to get for most people.

I got a 1 year ticket for $10 US last December when they were on sale. That's only 2.8 cents per day, and I use this sim almost every day. I am a total addict. I did not need one yet, but when they offer them up at super low prices, I buy a some and sock them away. When my current one expires I will activate one of my 'saved' ones.

There are also places on the web where you can get free content like Jointed Rail, and they don't limit your download speed. They will also try to upsell you their better items on their website, but that is how they stay in business. If I remember right, you can pay to become a member and it unlocks a ton of content.

Everyone wants more, more, more... And some don't want to pay. When nobody pays, that business model does not work. If that model was put into place you would get the sim, and whatever content came with it, would be the only content you get. End of story. Boring...

Sorry to hear about that you can't do the actual models :(

But with Trainz, you'll soon get addicted to the game that you'll just want to know where the time went to (that happen when I got my hands on UTC, time went flying and soon it was almost 12 midnight!)

Welcome to the world of Trainz KotangaGirl :)

(so far, I don't think anyone welcome you yet)

I used to be a very keen railway modeller who could make models to a reasonably good standard and then I became ill. As a result of ongoing illness I can no longer build layouts or models and I was a very sad and not very happy woman until I discovered Trainz Simulator. Digital railway modelling has turned my quality of life around and I pretty much regard the money I spend on buying First Class Tickets as being the same as what I used to spend on modelling materials, - only significantly cheaper I might add, - so for me I don't mind at all having to buy tickets to get a better download speed. Servers cost money to run and having a daughter who has worked as a software trouble shooter for a number of companies I know this very much for a fact. And really you have to admit the First Class Tickets are cheap enough, - if I can afford them on my Invalid's pension surely anyone can.

Oh, 10-4. The first class tickets are . . . well, just the ticket! Ha! I bought one on sale last year even though I didn't need it at the time and it's just setting there in my account ready to be activated when I need it later this year. And if the tickets go on sale again in the next several months I'll buy another one.

I was a model railroader for years also but with the coming of the personal computer I always told myself, "I wish I could do all this on the computer!". Then about ten years ago I bought TS06 and was hooked. I gave my model railroad to my son-in-law and grandsons last year; whether they'll ever do anything with all the stuff I don't know but it's up to them anyway.

If you need a session or two to waste time on, check out what I've put on the DLS (username: DWBennett55). Nothing special at all but they're kind of fun if you enjoy driving.

Take care and hang in there,

Oh, 10-4. The first class tickets are . . . well, just the ticket! Ha! I bought one on sale last year even though I didn't need it at the time and it's just setting there in my account ready to be activated when I need it later this year. And if the tickets go on sale again in the next several months I'll buy another one.

I was a model railroader for years also but with the coming of the personal computer I always told myself, "I wish I could do all this on the computer!". Then about ten years ago I bought TS06 and was hooked. I gave my model railroad to my son-in-law and grandsons last year; whether they'll ever do anything with all the stuff I don't know but it's up to them anyway.

If you need a session or two to waste time on, check out what I've put on the DLS (username: DWBennett55). Nothing special at all but they're kind of fun if you enjoy driving.

Take care and hang in there,

Thanks very much Don. I'll go and have a look on the DLS now.

Sorry to hear about that you can't do the actual models :(

But with Trainz, you'll soon get addicted to the game that you'll just want to know where the time went to (that happen when I got my hands on UTC, time went flying and soon it was almost 12 midnight!)

Welcome to the world of Trainz KotangaGirl :)

(so far, I don't think anyone welcome you yet)

Thanks for the welcome hiawatha. I've had my digital trainset for around a year now and I wouldn't be without it. When I first started I had my doubts as to whether it was going to be any good, but not now. I'm very much a convert and I've found that I can be just as creative if not more so with building a digital layout as compared with a physical model one. This was my first visit to the forums though and I will certainly be coming back again.

Your welcome,
With Trainz, its a world of wonder, and what I really enjoy about this hobby is that its super cheap;)
From my view, digital RRing is more easier and cheaper than the typical models. Of course you don't get the feel the actual models, but I guess everything has their pros and cons between the model and digital.

Hope to see you around.
Cheers,
Hiawathamr

Thanks very much Don. I'll go and have a look on the DLS now.

KotangaGirl, Please check you Private Messages. You should have a notification to check your in-box at the top of page just to the right of your username.

Don't feel bad if you didn't know to look up there for a notification as I hadn't thought of it either until I started developing sessions. I had one poor soul waiting for a several weeks before I woke up and realized what was going on.

Take care,

Back