Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Download Station Server Full?

Default Download Station Server Full?

At the moment my TS2009 Content Manager keeps telling me that the server is full and I should try again later. It's been like that for the past 3 days so that would have to be one huge server overload. I don't see any announcements about server downtime so I was wondering if it was just me or are other people having the same problem.
    Last edited by KotangaGirl; March 19th, 2018 at 05:33 AM. Reason: bad spelling

United States of America, Illinois, Galesburg

No mate its not full, but according to the timeline, TS2009 isn't registered to your account, so that too will play a role in accessing the DLS

NARM's site^

My personal site: https://hiawathamr.weebly.com/​

Now that's really odd since I've got TS2009 and TS2012 registered on this site as well. I'll have to investigate that.

Blog Entries

You may need to contact the Helpdesk by putting in a support ticket regarding that.

Shane
    Shane Turner
    Technical and DirectX Advisor - Not affiliated with N3V

My Forum -- PevSoft Tools -- Tutorial List (inc DirectX) -- My Utilities --TrainzTutorials.com

Thanks for the suggestion Shane. It's very much looking like I'm going to need to do that.

Sometimes the older versions of Trainz don't appear on the timeline for some reason, so contacting the help desk is the best option as they can do the being the scenes updates, something that we can't do.

It happens, anyway good luck and hope you can get it working

NARM's site^

This is happening to me as well. I only have TANE. Why should not having any other versions registered affect access to the DLS? I was granted access without restrictions with my purchase of TANE.

Quote Originally Posted by Griphos View Post
    Why should not having any other versions registered affect access to the DLS?
    Two reasons:

1. Not having a game registered will result in not having access to the DLS.
    2. She was talking about TS2009. That version is no longer supported so (by default) has no access to the DLS unless...
      1. You have a supported version of the game registered (to the same account)
      2. You have an active FCT (on the account you registered the game to)

Since the lists of stations next to her name does not show TS2009, he either...
    • ... does not have registered
    • ... has the game registered but to a different account
    • ... has an account problem that makes TS2009 not show up (and/or causes his DLS access to not work)

I have downloaded content from the DLS an hour ago (so between yours and her post), so I doubt that is the issue. I do have an active FCT though.
    Last edited by oknotsen; March 20th, 2018 at 09:44 AM. Reason: He --> she; my bad

Your response doesn't really address my question or the problem, since I'm a registered TANE user and the OP is as well and we both experience the issue. If I keep trying, it eventually downloads. Some days, no issue. Yesterday, for example, lots of issues. I don't think you checking it once shows it's not a server side problem.

I asked why would not having OTHER versions of the game registered affect access to the DLS. The OP has TANE registered, according to his/her? timeline. The response made was that because TS2009 is not registered, it affects access to the DLS. This doesn't make sense to me. I can check all the boxes for all the versions and more stuff shows and I can download any of it (when the download is working). Not having an older version of the sim shouldn't affect access to the DLS.

The error message I get is I need to check my user login details (or something like that). My details are fine in the Settings/Internet menu and show me as logged in successfully and my username and password as correct.

So, something is fishy in Denmark, and I don't think it's our registration info.

Not registering it doesn't affect the web page version of the DLS, but the DLS through content manager is affected (unless you a FCT activated or a supported version, like oknotsen said). It also shows other Trainz users that yes your copy is legal, and therefore, others will offer more help. Not having it registered usually drives the users away from your question and will ask you to register it. Reason for this is in the past, some got Trainz illegally and tried to use the DLS, but couldn't and asked for help because of it (it keeps going).

in short, it just tells the rest of us that yes, your copy isn't pirated; yes its a legal copy of Trainz.

Hope it gives you an idea tho

Cheers,

NARM's site^

Okay, that's fine. But how does that help solve the problem some of us are having with both the CM and website DLS?

Both of us in this thread that have the problem are registered users of TANE at least.

United States of America, Texas, Dickinson

Something is definitely odd. I was unable to download anything yesterday, even though properly logged in/registered.

I just now downloaded a BN F7B from the Content Manager, and things worked perfectly. I decided to download a second BN F7B and I get this error message:

; <NULL> Searching asset 'BN F7B (725)'
    ; <NULL> Skipping fully installed asset 'f7b'
    ; <NULL> Downloading 'kuid_35848_725.cdp'
    - <NULL> Unable to download asset. Please check your MyTrainz login details.
    + <NULL> Complete

There shouldn't be anything wrong with my MyTrainz login details. I'm on the Auran site right now and properly recognized. Yet, having made one perfect download, I am stumped when I make a second one. I've had this happen in the past, but after a period of time, everything starts working just fine. What am I missing?

Heinrich505

United States of America, Texas, Dickinson

And...go figure...barely a minute after I posted the previous message, I tried to download the listed content and it downloaded perfectly.

I'm confused.

Kinda like that squeak in the right front fender that you take to the mechanic and he never hears it but you always do...

Heinrich505

Quote Originally Posted by Griphos View Post
    Okay, that's fine. But how does that help solve the problem some of us are having with both the CM and website DLS?

Both of us in this thread that have the problem are registered users of TANE at least.
    Best to contact the help desk then about can't download from content manager or whatever the problem maybe. Link is at the top of this page, as they might be about to help you more than what we can.

And...go figure...barely a minute after I posted the previous message, I tried to download the listed content and it downloaded perfectly.

I'm confused.

Kinda like that squeak in the right front fender that you take to the mechanic and he never hears it but you always do...

Heinrich505
    Interesting. I guess welcome to the standard DLS access (maybe its different as I have a FCT and don't have any problems whatsoever...)

NARM's site^

United States of America, Florida and Illinois

Yea, there was some kind of disfunction with the download servers for the non-1st class peep's earlier.. here is the March 19th 2018 server failure log, 1st class tickets look good.

If it's not broke, don't fix it.