JR Tidewater Route 'unknown assets'

VRTomSchache

Victorian Railways
Hi Jointed Rail,
I was just wondering if I could get some assistance. I have downloaded all of the DLC content for the Tidewater Point Rail Route, but there are a significant mount of 'unknown assets' I could list all of the asset kuid nos. if . you want them, but I would just like a way of getting these assets if possible.

Thanks,
Tom

All assets are either in the CDPs, on JR's site or on the DLS. If you have "unknown" assets, you missed to download at least one archive.

Your timeline is empty...

Hi HPL,
I've downloaded all assets off of the DLS. I can't find any of the track, buildings or textures anywhere on JR's site and there isn't an asset pack or anything like that. What do you mean by an 'archive' and what do you mean 'my timeline is empty'

Hi HPL,
I've downloaded all assets off of the DLS. I can't find any of the track, buildings or textures anywhere on JR's site and there isn't an asset pack or anything like that. What do you mean by an 'archive' and what do you mean 'my timeline is empty'
did you get the pay version or the free verison

I have only downloaded the route (haven't got the content pack) and for the CDP file that I got, I put it in content manager and it was called 'Tidewater Point Rail (remake c)' The CDP file didn't come with anything else. Do I need to purchase the content pack?

I have only downloaded the route (haven't got the content pack) and for the CDP file that I got, I put it in content manager and it was called 'Tidewater Point Rail (remake c)' The CDP file didn't come with anything else. Do I need to purchase the content pack?

If it's the one at http://jointedrail.com/product/tidewater-point-rr-content-pack/ then it looks like you do have to purchase the pack in order to get the remaining content (other than content that's on the Download Station).

Shane

I am having the same issue. When I open the route up, there is only base terrain,few buildings,signals and no tracks. So the free route is just the baseboards? Interestingly enough,I can place a train and run it with no rails,but it is disconcerting. Maybe I am having issues with just my install,but I suspect that to get everything I may have to pony up for the whole package to enjoy. Can someone who has been through this with the same issues let us know. Randy

Yes, the remake of the freeware route has almost nothing that comes with it. It's very empty. The content pack you can purchase provides all the assets to make it a complete route. This is the JR way. You buy the content pack (and download other stuff from the DLS) and download the "route" separately for free. I don't know why they do it this way, but I'm new, so I presume there's an explanation on this forum somewhere probably.

Now don't get me wrong here,as I like JR content,and I own a ton of it,but I have voiced my opinion to them privately in the past re:Legend of the BN II. I was told they would comp me an up coming route,but that never happened. It does seem to be all about the $$$. I get capitalism. I have my own business, but attention to little details like this missed opportunity set some groups apart. That being said I will just have to pay up. I would understand charging for the special custom Locos and rolling stock,but as offered the route is unusable to the average user. Randy

So I suppose I need the content pack. I think that when I was reading what the pack comes with it said it included scenery. Might have to double check but I'm sure it said that. Thanks fir the help anyway

What's included?

• SD40-2
  • GP38-2
  • GP9 (High Nose)
  • GP9 (Chopped)
  • Leased power
  • Railcar Mover
  • Transfer Caboose
  • Rolling Stock Pack
  • Brand new scenery items!
  • Sessions
  • Plus much more!

Yup, I need the Content Pack.

Last edited:
So I bought the content pack,and sure enough,now the route is complete. This was one of my early favorites back in 04, and JR has done a great job with this update. I do gotta say however, that calling this a free "route" as presented would be like telling someone you have nice car for sale, and when you show up to buy,there is no motor or transmission and requires much more time and money to make it operable.

So I bought the content pack,and sure enough,now the route is complete. This was one of my early favorites back in 04, and JR has done a great job with this update. I do gotta say however, that calling this a free "route" as presented would be like telling someone you have nice car for sale, and when you show up to buy,there is no motor or transmission and requires much more time and money to make it operable.
Except the car in question is for sale? Meaning you show up with the intent to purchase it.
Now if i see an add in the paper that says FREE CAR! The car runs and drives but the shiny rims and spoiler and custom stereo system cost extra.
thats is a more accurate analogy.
There is nothing that keeps you being able to run a train on the free version and it still looks great. Its just all the custom extras cost money.

Last edited:
Except the car in question is for sale? Meaning you show up with the intent to purchase it.
Now if i see an add in the paper that says FREE CAR! The car runs and drives but the shiny rims and spoiler and custom stereo system cost extra.
thats is a more accurate analogy.
There is nothing that keeps you being able to run a train on the free version and it still looks great. Its just all the custom extras cost money.

Actually No. It is basically bare baseboards,a few trees,and virtually no buildings and no track. At least that what my free install looked like. No-where near a "great looking" route. Incomplete and kinda ugly!!

Actually No. It is basically bare baseboards, a few trees, and virtually no buildings and no track. At least that what my free install looked like. No-where near a "great looking" route. Incomplete and kinda ugly!!
hey others didn't have that problem
I've seen people with the free version and it looks good.
That's probably because they followed the install instructions correctly. Still, you saying the car is for sale is incorrect.
the route is FREE. The content is extra.

Last edited:
On the JR Tidewater content page, the only reference to a route is "Route: Click HERE". This opens a pop-up Tidewater Point Railroad.cdp (7.77MB). I downloaded this and then the missing content from DLS. There were still many "Unknown assets". I started TANE and opened the route. The only thing there was bare baseboards and a few scenery items. This is not a route.

Back