What is the fastest speed for various RR maintenance vehicles?

JonMyrlennBailey

There are a number of maintenance vehicle engines for Trainz.

-speeders
-MOW trucks
-hand cars

What is the prototypical maximum speed for each?

I also don't see the added value of some of his threads, but from a content and rule point of view there is not much wrong with them.
So:
Either ignore him and his topics or post an answer please.

About the question is self:

For hand cars I found this quote:
As the cars rolled downgrade, they reached speeds of 10-12 miles per hour.
Source.

I was not able to quickly find the answer about MOW trucks (using Google), so if others with better Google skills could tell me what they googled for to find that answer.

I stopped looking after that, but do have a return question:
@ Jon:
What are you going to do with these answers?

I believe he is attempting to resolve AI issues in TS12 by using MOW vehicles as "blockers" to stop the AI trains entering a switch yard.

The relevant threads, all his, are at

https://forums.auran.com/trainz/sho...gineers-not-want-to-leave-switch-levers-alone

https://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?144806-I-am-having-trouble-with-Set-Junctions-Rule

In my opinion his proposed solution is way too complicated and he would be better off using track marks, "Navigate Via" commands, and track priority marks.

There are a number of maintenance vehicle engines for Trainz.

-speeders
-MOW trucks
-hand cars

What is the prototypical maximum speed for each?

Speeders can top a max speed of 30 to 60MPH depending on the make and model.
MOW trucks/car can reach normal highway speeds
Handcars/pump cars max out at 10MPH I ride them before

You need not park the speeder directly on, or in front of, the invisatrack switch, in order to lock it ... you can park it off to the side (or 90 degrees away) on the last bend of the diverging switch leg, and drive it backward to unlock the switch

As to speeds ... Use your own judgment for safe driving speeds ... Or get the A23 JetSled it goes 786 mph:hehe:

Last edited:
Back