Ghost coal load below hopper

CaseyBerg

What look like ghost coal loads follow below hoppers when crossing this viaduct. H43 3bay Hopper by majakear Lethbridge Viaduct by vulcan This phenomenon appears in surveyor and in sessions.Is this a known issue and if so is there a fix?Thanks
Coal_Load_ghosts.png

I fear that is the way the hoppers are designed:
The creator has to create the illusion that coal shows up when loading the hoppers. To do so, a visualization of the coal has to be available somewhere in the asset. Some do so by flipping the image / mesh representing the coal around so it doesn't show in the car when empty, others (like in this case) do so by putting the image / mesh way below the car... which usually is far underground where nobody will see it... unless driving over a bridge higher then the dept the coal was hidden.

I suggest trying a few different hoppers (one not made by the author of this hopper) and see if the effect is also there.

I nave seen this effect long ago. Waaay down there. You may have to open "wireframe" and look for wagons that would carry larger loads. Maybe the creator of your car did not set that ghost load deep enough. Oknotsen explanation is very accurate, and I am only confirming here that you are not the only one "seeing" this.. If you look deep..

I fear that is the way the hoppers are designed:
The creator has to create the illusion that coal shows up when loading the hoppers. To do so, a visualization of the coal has to be available somewhere in the asset. Some do so by flipping the image / mesh representing the coal around so it doesn't show in the car when empty, others (like in this case) do so by putting the image / mesh way below the car... which usually is far underground where nobody will see it... unless driving over a bridge higher then the dept the coal was hidden.

I suggest trying a few different hoppers (one not made by the author of this hopper) and see if the effect is also there.

Tried an H43 hopper from Jointed Rail and got the same effect but slightly lower down. Could raise the valley floor, but I like the dramatic effect of the High Bridge at Lethbridge. A two bay hopper works in this situation. Thanks for your insight.

Screen_Shot_2018-03-18_at_4.45.19_PM.png
[/URL][/IMG]

If you want the cars to be emtpy you could clone the asset and delete the coal loads mesh from the config file. Then the coal load would not appear under the tracks.

...Some do so by flipping the image / mesh representing the coal around so it doesn't show in the car when empty...

Are you able to explain this technique a bit further or show me where there might be a guide online? I was recently asking about animated load techniques in the content creation section.

Thanks
hiyo

Are you able to explain this technique a bit further or show me where there might be a guide online?
No I can not; I never did it myself.

I "experienced" it in this asset:
<kuid:-1:100929> TRS_Coal_Hopper
If you load it with 500 "units", the coal is visible if you are low enough to the ground
If you load it with 1000 "units", you will see the coal show up sideways.
If you load it with 1500 "units", you will see the coal show up at a 45 degree angle.
Starting at 200 it looks like a "normal" load.

Way back when TRS2004 was in development I made the second working hopper car (CN) and tried to do a flipping mesh load, it never worked right so I made the mesh load animate go down some 200m I think. After TRS04 came out I made a two bay hopper that did it that way, lots of re-skins got made of it by others. I now brake up the load mesh into about 12 parts so that I can animate them to hide inside the car center beam.

I've worked around this problem by cloning the commodity asset and tinkering with it in Gimp until I caused it to be invisible with rendered in Trainz. When I want to run empty hoppers over my tall bridges and trestles, I load them with the invisible commodity. I'm away from my Tranzing machine just now, so I'm not able to specify exactly what tinkering I came across in Gimp to make this work. If I remember, I'll take a look at the cloned commodity I made and see if I can reconstruct what I clicked on to achieve the desired result, and post what I find.

Back