Config File? Search by kuid?

rbunker65

Hello!

I am trying to solve an AI aircraft issue- and in doing so it looks like I need to understand how to find and access/open a "config" file. How is this done?

Where is this "config" file found? And how does one find these commands on the DLS? I searched for one of them (Aircraft Engine Start) and it didn't show up. I tried to search by kuid number, but that did not work either?

Where is this "config" file found? And how does one find these commands on the DLS?

In Content Manager select Custom for the Filter then add Category: Rule and Name: Aircraft Engine Start. When the item appears in the list, right click it and select Open \ Edit Config File Text.

... and after you have closed the config.txt file you will need to close the asset (item) it came from. The items status in Content Manager will be shown as "Open for editing". Right click it and select either "Revert if unchanged" if you have not altered anything in the config.txt file, or "Submit edits" if you have altered the config.txt file.

Its a learning curve but after a while all this will become second nature.

I've tried that earlier and again just now. Filter/Custom/On DLS/Category=Rule

Typed in Aircraft (to keep it broad), nothing shows up
Tried Engine, nothing
Start returns some things, but nothing for Aircraft
wuddahell

After selecting Custom Filter

Name = Aircraft
Installed = True <-- this should already be set and you can leave "Asset KUID" blank

... will bring up all your installed assets with the word "aircraft" in their names

Likewise using

Name = Startup

... will bring up all your assets with the word "startup" in their names. If nothing appears then you do not have any of the required assets installed on your system. In which case changing ...

Installed = False

... will bring up all named assets on the DLS that are not installed on your system. You will not be able to open the config.txt files for assets that are not installed.

Select the aircraft or asset you have a problem with in CM. Right click on it and select open config for edit. It depends what the fault is on what to do next. Every asset has a config file within its folder, they are not separate rules or commands. Open CM and type engine start in the search box top right. If it does not show up in the list, change the installed to download station.

Last edited:
Back