Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Newbie

Default A slightly different view

TMR17 has it's place - and it does contain two of my layouts.

But all my subsequent model layouts, and I must confess there now are quite a few, have been in T:ANE. For three reasons:

1. T:ANE has more built-in assets.
    2. Significantly more people have installed T:ANE than TMR.
    3. N3V will provide better support and updates for T:ANE.

I wouldn't go go as far as saying that TMR may turn out to be a dead end, but ... .

And another view:

Regarding the points mentioned above by Phil,

1. I have said this a dozen times, more assets does not mean better quality and it only seems to add more mediocre layouts..........if I could find something like my Pioneer series or even close to them I would not have had to create them....so with less I made more, my opinion but shared by others as well. Personally I'd rather have a few "Quality" routes/layouts then a bunch of "so so" ones.

2. True more people own TANE but remember TMR17 was created for a niche market of MRR lovers not "route" creators which is why TANE was initially created and exceeds in that department.

3. Sad but probably true since that's where the majority of the revenue comes from.

The real issue is that NV3 should have just made TMR17 as an add on bundle as they do now with SP2 instead of a separate standalone item but what is done is done.
    Last edited by Railhead001; March 18th, 2018 at 12:00 AM.

United States of America, Pennsylvania, Skytop

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Railhead001 View Post
    ... The real issue is that NV3 should have just made TMR17 as an add on bundle as they do now with SP2 instead of a separate standalone item but what is done is done.
    Ditto to that!

United States of America, Massachusetts, Haverhill

The real issue is that NV3 should have just made TMR17 as an add on bundle as they do now with SP2 instead of a separate standalone item but what is done is done.
    The reason is it was conceived as a standalone product as an honor and remembrance to the origins of the Trainz product line, which occurred 15 years before. The earliest concepts and eventual marketing and advertising, on TV no less, was as a model railroad simulator. As the product grew up, it moved away from that direction into what we have today starting with TRS2004, with its interactive industries and passenger stations.
    John
    Trainz User Since: 12-2003
    Trainz User ID: 124863
    TS12 Build: 61388
    T:ANE Build: 90955