Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Your lest favorite thing to do in making a route

Quote Originally Posted by JonMyrlennBailey View Post
    Getting the whole damn thing set up just so AI doesn't behave too badly then testing and retesting every attempt to see how AI acts.
    Let's face it, setting up industries, TMs, junctions, signals, Rules and Driver Commands is just like computer programming - EVERY LINE OF CODE HAS TO BE CORRECT or it ain't gonna work. That's our half of it.

N3V's half is making sure every TM, etc. is recognized each and every time.

United States of America, Massachusetts, Haverhill

Quote Originally Posted by ecco View Post
    Let's face it, setting up industries, TMs, junctions, signals, Rules and Driver Commands is just like computer programming - EVERY LINE OF CODE HAS TO BE CORRECT or it ain't gonna work. That's our half of it.

N3V's half is making sure every TM, etc. is recognized each and every time.
    And they are working on that. With the backdate of the code in Driver, the AI recognize their track marks again. Tony did say that the underlying code needs a complete rewrite, but that will take time so rather than leave us completely dead in the water, they went back to the version where they worked, although with the odd creepy speeds through yards where they require a bit of encouragement occasionally. To be honest, after dealing with the mess in the currently released version, I would rather deal with creepy AI.
    John
    Trainz User Since: 12-2003
    Trainz User ID: 124863
    TS12 Build: 61388
    T:ANE Build: 90955

Here is what I really dislike: Having beta testers report issues to you about a session, and you do it just to fine out you can't reproduce the problem...(I had a problem reported a few hours ago, something that I can't reproduce...drives me nuts!)

NARM's site^

My personal site: https://hiawathamr.weebly.com/​

Placing roads or any other splines. They always insist on making huge curves rather than staying straight when you intersect with another road or spline.

Quote Originally Posted by BBarnes005 View Post
    Placing roads or any other splines. They always insist on making huge curves rather than staying straight when you intersect with another road or spline.
    Most of these splines are able to be locked straight with the straighten spline tool. There are some that don't respond to this.
    (-3-)y-~~

Quote Originally Posted by hiawathamr View Post
    Here is what I really dislike: Having beta testers report issues to you about a session, and you do it just to fine out you can't reproduce the problem...(I had a problem reported a few hours ago, something that I can't reproduce...drives me nuts!)
    That's the fun part of beta testing and fixing.

This sounds like an evil intermittent bug. Intermittent problems are the worst creatures in the world right down there with mosquitoes, bedbugs, termites, and bot flies, because they're not easy to reproduce on the developer's end, and sometimes only happen under "some" circumstances, which no one can figure out exactly what causes the problem in the first place.
    John

Quote Originally Posted by JCitron View Post
    That's the fun part of beta testing and fixing.

This sounds like an evil intermittent bug. Intermittent problems are the worst creatures in the world right down there with mosquitoes, bedbugs, termites, and bot flies, because they're not easy to reproduce on the developer's end, and sometimes only happen under "some" circumstances, which no one can figure out exactly what causes the problem in the first place.
    lol.
    I blame it on SP2 series of TANE - nothing but problems, and then problems with beta / purchasers of the DLC on different hardware configurations (Intel, AMD, NIVDIA, etc).

NARM's site^

Quote Originally Posted by hiawathamr View Post
    lol.
    I blame it on SP2 series of TANE - nothing but problems, and then problems with beta / purchasers of the DLC on different hardware configurations (Intel, AMD, NIVDIA, etc).
    Yup. The released SP2 HF1 has been a real dog, and that's put very meekly so I don't get an infraction! The different processors can cause some differences, but I don't think it's that much to cause the issues we're seeing. It's the inconsistencies with the drivers that go well beyond what's "normal" for the AI, which makes testing in that version dreadful.

I will say that SP2 HF2 is actually been a pleasure so far, knocking on wood, and should things go well we'll have a nice release even with the bugs I've reported back and they've added to the list to be repaired.
    John

Quote Originally Posted by JCitron View Post
    Yup. The released SP2 HF1 has been a real dog, and that's put very meekly so I don't get an infraction! The different processors can cause some differences, but I don't think it's that much to cause the issues we're seeing. It's the inconsistencies with the drivers that go well beyond what's "normal" for the AI, which makes testing in that version dreadful.

I will say that SP2 HF2 is actually been a pleasure so far, knocking on wood, and should things go well we'll have a nice release even with the bugs I've reported back and they've added to the list to be repaired.
    I'm hoping it'll be like SP1 HF4, as that version was stable. I didn't sign up to test it this time, as time is extremely limited on it, so I'll wait until its released
    If not, RIP everyone then

NARM's site^