Problem on New River Coal Run session C & O

CaseyTheJones

I'm playing the session for about an hour and get to the part where I need to run around the consist. I make my way to the turntable to find that both the loco and the tender will not fit on the turn table at the same time. No biggie, I decide to spin the tender first. I spin it and hook back up, set the tender off on another track. Then I spin the loco around. Now I need to run around and couple to the correct end of the tender. The session will not allow me to enter any block/signaled track that has the tender on it. I saved the session before spinning anything. I loaded the session several times and attempted different ways to do this. I found no way that would allow me to couple back to the tender after spinning both around.

For anyone that has completed this session, what am I doing wrong? Thanks

I'm playing the session for about an hour and get to the part where I need to run around the consist. I make my way to the turntable to find that both the loco and the tender will not fit on the turn table at the same time. No biggie, I decide to spin the tender first. I spin it and hook back up, set the tender off on another track. Then I spin the loco around. Now I need to run around and couple to the correct end of the tender. The session will not allow me to enter any block/signaled track that has the tender on it. I saved the session before spinning anything. I loaded the session several times and attempted different ways to do this. I found no way that would allow me to couple back to the tender after spinning both around.

For anyone that has completed this session, what am I doing wrong? Thanks

Nothing really. The problem with the loco and the turntable length was brought up when we Beta Tested this back in 2016. However, I think that someone actually rotated the turntable with the loco hanging over at each end and another tester was actually able to turn the tender and the loco separately and hook them back together. The easiest thing to do, as it is not possible to change the base track system, is to run tender first back to the finish of the session! Not normally done but what else can you do!

Nothing really. The problem with the loco and the turntable length was brought up when we Beta Tested this back in 2016. However, I think that someone actually rotated the turntable with the loco hanging over at each end and another tester was actually able to turn the tender and the loco separately and hook them back together. The easiest thing to do, as it is not possible to change the base track system, is to run tender first back to the finish of the session! Not normally done but what else can you do!

Thanks for the help. While I'm not a stickler when it comes to being prototype or counting rivets, considering as you mentioned that the session has been through beta testing and the problem was discovered at that time, shouldn't it have been fixed prior to release? This isn't directed at you personally by any means and I thank you for your help. I was able to finish the session with 3 out of 5 stars.

This is not the only route/operating session that I have paid for that fails to operate properly. These routes/operating sessions cost $20-40 USD each and this is the finished product!?! That is sad, especially when one considers it has been through beta testing, which I did not know. Isn't that the purpose of beta testing...to find and fix errors?

Usually when I encounter a problem with a session, I search Youtube to see if anyone has uploaded a video of completing the session successfully. I also encounter a problem with one of the sessions on the "Legacy of the Burlington Northern" route but can find no video on it. I am left to assume that no one has completed it successfully.

There needs to be some serious vetting before these routes and sessions are made available for sale. The customers are getting ripped off.

Back