Photo Charter at the Tennessee Valley Railroad Museum happening RIGHT NOW.

jordon412

33 Year Old Railfan
Check out the webcams at the Tennessee Valley Railroad Museum RIGHT NOW (10:19AM)! The photo charter features Southern 630 and Southern 4501 DOUBLE HEADER hauling a mock freight train. PLEASE NOTE THAT THERE ARE ONLY TWO WEBCAMS BOTH LOCATED AT THE GRAND JUNCTION STATION. There will also be pictures taken at other places at the Tennessee Valley Railroad Museum, so I don't know how long they'll be at Grand Junction. THIS WILL HAPPEN AT THE TENNESSEE VALLEY RAILROAD MUSEUM TODAY ONLY, MARCH 12TH. Also one of the YouTube channels that commented was K&L Trainz and the company that's doing this photo charter is Lerro Productions. Hmmm . . .
Link to webcam:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ggyXIxeFjk

P.S. I'm not yelling when I'm using caps lock, I just want to make sure that I get your attention.

EDIT: Looks like they're done at Grand Junction

It appears that they have moved on to the bridge over Chickamauga Creek right around the curve leading into Grand Junction. You can see them after they've done the run-by, but they will then back up around the curve, across the bridge, and do a photo run-by again. They might come back to Grand Junction tonight and do some nighttime photos. However, the Norfolk Southern mainline is right next to Grand Junction, so you'll get to see some trains passing by once Southern 630 and 4501 head off to do more photo run-bys elsewhere.

Still live, just got this shot all the way over here in Cheshire at midnight :)

Just love the sound of that engine whistle!
Chatanooga.jpg

Still live, just got this shot all the way over here in Cheshire at midnight :)

Just love the sound of that engine whistle!

Which one? Southern 4501's high pitched 'Banshee' whistle? Or Southern 630's low pitched Central of Georgia six-chime whistle?

That whistle has the nickname 'steamboat' whistle. I have an idea where the nicknames 'banshee' whistle and 'steamboat' whistle. The 'steamboat' comes from those old steam-powered boats plying up and down the waters of the Mississippi that the Illinois Central's, now Canadian National's, mainline from Chicago, Illinois to New Orleans, Louisiana, follows. The 'banshee' comes from one of two things. We have a phrase here in the South that we use when it's really windy outside: 'It's wailing like a banshee out there'. Then there's also the origin of that phrase also: The banshee is a female spirit in Irish mythology that by wailing, shrieking, or keening, forewarns the death of a family member. Also, I have a question for you: if it was the middle of the night and you heard this whistle, would a chill run up your spine?

By the way, that's a 4% grade that she has to deal with on a routine basis. She normally make it up without any problems, but she didn't make it this time.

Back