TRC Crossings

ecco

I've used this system (TRC)in the past with no problems. Now...
  • Train hits Trigger
  • Gates go down
  • No flashing lights
  • No bells
  • Cars stop
  • Train leaves Trigger control area
  • Gates come up
  • Cars stay stuck at crossing

I've tried different set naming conventions (TRC01&, 101&)
I've tried different Stoppers (1 track invisible, 2 track, 3 track)

Any suggestions?

Last edited:
I just started to use them in build 90945 and it seem to work ok, but while I'm here I have it set up on two tracks and it only seem to work on the track that I have the trigger on. What do I need to do to get it to work for the other track to. Thanks. I don't thank its your name system, you mite check and make sure the bell is turned on. Not sure about the flashing lights. You mite also delete and reinstall and see if that works.

Hi all -

I'm using TRC in build 90958 without issue. Here's how I set them up:
- 1 trigger per track pointing to the crossing
- The range front and back is set to something appropriate for the expected train speed
- Each item in the group - triggers, crossings, and stopper are named with the same prefix (e.g 91&). The crossing might be named 91&3 for example.

GroupItemNumber
91Trigger1
Trigger2
Xing3
Xing4
Stopper5

I don't think letters can be used in the names, though I haven't tested in. Bells need to be enabled for each crossing. Anyway the convention above is working for me. Hope this helps.

Dave

THANK YOU.

Your site...
https://sites.google.com/site/trcv2english/3-TRC-system-V3

...and the site I've read and re-read...
https://sites.google.com/site/triggercrossing/introduction-1

...have very different instructions. I was using the latest and greatest Trigger (V3) and trying to set it up with the old guidelines of TRC. No wonder it didn't work right!

When I started reading from your site, I kept thinking, I must be getting old, that's not how I remembered it. It took a while to realize it was a different site.

Bottom line, using the setup from the new site, everything works.

Thanks again.

Back