Locomotive Steam acting strangely on JR Routes

BBarnes005

With the routes in question being Legacy of the BN, Coal Country, and Tidewater, I have been having problems with locomotive steam acting strangely when the locomotive is in motion and it seems to have happen with any Steam locomotive.

The steam moves around, sometimes sinking into the locomotive or going off to the side or falling behind.

Here is a video demonstrating it in action.
There is a brief burst of lag in the beginning caused by me activating Bandicam. It does it regardless whenever or not it is fullscreen or not.

What can be causing this? Is it a setting I have on?

There are bound to be some unavoidable glitch's in any video sim

To lessen the view of glitch's ... I drive Trainz with a rotating camera view, of the human FOV of a 5'8" persons eyeball view, or from a rotating pedestrian view from a 25' bridge overpass ... as very rarely does one haul his whirlybird out of the garage and fire it up, and go pacing above, along side a train, looking down from a Cessna's airplane view

Last edited:
Yeah, but I like to take screenshots and having the steam coming out of the side of the boiler rather than the stack tends to ruin a shot.

The steam moves around, sometimes sinking into the locomotive or going off to the side or falling behind.

This is a result of the PC being overloaded. It seems that the steam and smoke effect is affected first. What happens is that the effect gets delayed, so the smoke appears where the engine was some time before. The sinking in effect is likely because the smoke is actually inside the engine body but it appears at the smokestack, but if the engine isn't there any more then it appears outside the body. Off to the side occurs when you change the viewpoint - the effect is tied to the original viewpoint, so is displaced if the viewpoint is changed and the effect is delayed.

Make sure PhysX simulation is turned off. Check that the video drivers is the best version for your hardware (which might not be the latest version). Other than that the only solution I know of is to run a route with less detail, or upgrade the hardware. It is likely, of course, that the video recording procedure is adding to the machine load.

This is a result of the PC being overloaded. It seems that the steam and smoke effect is affected first. What happens is that the effect gets delayed, so the smoke appears where the engine was some time before. The sinking in effect is likely because the smoke is actually inside the engine body but it appears at the smokestack, but if the engine isn't there any more then it appears outside the body. Off to the side occurs when you change the viewpoint - the effect is tied to the original viewpoint, so is displaced if the viewpoint is changed and the effect is delayed.

Make sure PhysX simulation is turned off. Check that the video drivers is the best version for your hardware (which might not be the latest version). Other than that the only solution I know of is to run a route with less detail, or upgrade the hardware. It is likely, of course, that the video recording procedure is adding to the machine load.

Disabling PhysX Simulation worked, never even considered the idea of that being the problem.

Back