Can't log into download station

cnjman765

At some point a couple weeks ago, I became logged out on my download station. Every time I try and open it and enter my username and password, it loads and never responds. I've even waited overnight for it to load. I can cancel the log in box and still work on things, but the download box is locked and I can't download assets through the download station. I can't figure out what the problem is, weather it's my computer or my game, or maybe the solution is just staring me right in the face. Anybody have any ideas? Thanks.

John

Can you still access the download station using TANE CM (the Manage Content option) from the TANE launcher?

I have also a problem for several weeks now, don't know if it's the same, but....

I go to web Download Station (not via CM, that works fine) put in a name or title in the text search box and after that I click the search button.
Only thing that happens is a blanc white screen.
Can wait for 10 to 30 minutes, it never change.

I do the same as above, but then I push ENTER button on keyboard while my corsor in still IN the text search box.
Works fine everytime in less than a second.

Search button broke?

Since TS12 is not showing on your list of stations here on the forum, my guess is you either did not register it or registered it to a different account name. If you use the account name you are posting with in your TS12 install, chances are that is the reason why it does not want to download as the game is not registered to it.

I've been using this account name ever since I started some years ago. I never actually got to using TANE, as I didn't realize my computer didn't handle it, so TANE never ran under this account.

If you don't have TANE (any version) but it is showing on your time line then send a message to the Helpdesk (link at the top of this page) to sort it out. Having the wrong version listed could cause you some problems.

I didn't quite find the answer I needed from the helpdesk, but I think your right in that TANE is interfering. The game itself is experiencing extreme glitchiness now. Is there any way I could switch my account from TANE to trainz 12? I appreciate the help so far.

When you say that you "didn't quite find the answer I needed from the helpdesk", did you simply look through the existing frequently asked questions and their answers or did you submit a help ticket?

To submit a help ticket and get help via email, from the Helpdesk link, click on Troubleshooter on the top menu bar, then scroll down to First Class Tickets / Download Station, then select I cannot access the Download Station and click Next. Then select Log in and submit a support ticket and click Next. By going in through the forum you have already logged in.

Fill in the form then scroll down to the bottom of the page and click Submit.

An answer should be in your email account within 3 days. Also check your junk mail folder in case your mail app directs the response there and allow for the fact that the help desk is located in a different time zone and on the other side of the date line.

Thanks, I didn't know how to navigate it at first. I'm sure this is probably a commonly asked question but how can I find my serial number? I was asked to send it to N3V staff on the helpdesk. Thanks.

What version of Trainz are you trying to register?

If its TANE, then you don't need to as its in your timeline (boxed copies of TANE has a serial number, not digital). Other than that, see if you can download anything from content manager;)

EDIT: If its a box version, see if its placed somewhere on the manual, or as part of your email. I don't own the box edition, but that's where they usually place it

Last edited:
I'm using the digital download version of trainz 2012 from steam. Like I said, TANE appears in my timeline, but that's not actaully what I'm using which I believe is what's causing the problem, (not being able to download from the download station). I don't know how to find my serial number on a digital download.

Ah okay, that explains things. Fining the TS12 serial number is easy, and it can be accessed anytime by clicking on the CD key button and the window will appear with the serial number:
oAn5wyh.png
[/IMG]

(I don't own TS12 on Steam, but took a game that has a CD key for an example)

Back