Tidewater problem

RJArtim

67 yrs old Trainz Veteran
There was an update to the TB grasses and now they are all faulty. Tidewater uses most of them. I tried reverting to original but that did not work. I tried deleting the faulty items and download the previous version, but that did not work as it took the new versions again. Totally confused.

There was an update to the TB grasses and now they are all faulty. Tidewater uses most of them. I tried reverting to original but that did not work. I tried deleting the faulty items and download the previous version, but that did not work as it took the new versions again. Totally confused.

I noticed that too. I ended up deleting them and reinstalling from the JR-supplied CDP files.

I fixed one of them, but decided it wasn't worth it and just installed the originals and will wait for the fixed ones to appear on the DLS. The problem has something to do with some meshes not placed in the proper folders.

Right click, list asset versions, highlight the previous version, right click Download this version, delete the updated one and avoid updating it again until whoever messed them up sorts them out.

There was another update today for the 4th, all is better now. Thanks for the advice.

Other assets from toxa_batoxa updated today, and now more and more other faulty ones.

Isn't that a under 9 miles route?

That's pretty close. There is a three mile double track mainline that sweeps across the southern end of the route with a three track transfer yard. South of the mainlines there is a port/harbor area. North of the mains there is a long six-track yard that serves a 9ish-mile branch line that accesses a decent number of industries.

I think that TrainzProRoutes did a really nice job of creating a plausible terrain with track running through it. I did like the vegetation better in the TRS2006 version of the route, but you can get it from the DLS for free, so there's no point in complaining. As long as you can run a version 3.5 build, you're in business.

There are two versions available on the DLS. The "Tidewater Point Rail" version includes a facility for servicing steam locomotives.
The other version, which requires merging the "Tidewater North" and "Tidewater South" routes, favors a diesel locomotive service area instead. (You have to delete a row of baseboards to merge them properly.).

I have a lot of fun modifying routes like these. Adding Portals, adding Multiple Industry New assets next to businesses. You can have as much fun as you want changing things, but no one to blame but yourself if you create a mess.

I think that it is worth downloading.

Dave, thanks for the recommendation. Do you know if the Intro Tidewater session works on the Tidewater Point Rail?

Dave, thanks for the recommendation. Do you know if the Intro Tidewater session works on the Tidewater Point Rail?

Yes. the "Intro" session does match up with the "Tidewater Point Rail" route. At least on TANE SP1 HF4 84204.

Btw, I discovered that I'd neglected to download 12 scenery assets before I wrote my earlier comments. The route looks better after they were installed.
:)

Back