Cement hopper train derailed in Czech Republic, live stream of recovery in operation.

euromodeller

Imagineer
Close call for the residents!

https://praha.idnes.cz/foto.aspx?r=..._091556_praha-zpravy_rsr&foto=JB71a6f8_15.jpg

Live feed here...

https://praha.idnes.cz/vykolejeny-v...zpravy.aspx?c=A180228_091556_praha-zpravy_rsr

check the fotogalerie to see how close it came to a building!

not much action at the moment, but it will be interesting to see a live recovery.

They've now moved the main train of wagons away from the 2 in shot.
In case you think I am seeing double, there is another hopper in front of the skewed one, partway down the embankment over the entrance to a footpath underpass and very close to the building.
The big concrete block covering the entrance is the 'buffer stop' !! (see first link above)

Last edited:
It looks like the train ran past the sleepers used as a bumper.

I translated the text to English... LOL It's understandable, but awkward.

"
The accident became a nine o'clock in the morning. Intervene on the spot unit firefighters in Prague before the arrival of ambulance care for injured shunters.Zdroj:

"The Rescue crew just took care of pětapadesátiletého man who fell about two feet in the stop Radotín. He secured the venous entry, znehybnili limb and then transferred to a hospital, "said a spokesman for Prague's rescue Jana Poštová.
A spokesman for the fire brigade on Twitter first reported that vykolejilo twenty wagons. A spokesman for the railway infrastructure Administration (SŽDC) Catherine Šubová later corrected the information on two vykolejené cars.

"Shift share with 20 cars drove through the signal with a signal aspect banning driving and subsequently crashed into a dead-end track buffer stop. As a result, vykolejily two cars and injured the head of the shift of the moving on the first car, "said a spokesman for the rail safety inspection about the accident Martin Clawed.

One of the carriages fell on the subway tracks and partly under the rose garden near the restaurant. In the surrounding area at the moment, no one is.
Due to the intervention of the traffic on the line was limited to Pilsen, trains can stretch Radotín-Dobřichovice slowly pass.

"The accident has become on the track designed for freight trains and should not have a major impact on traffic," added Šubová.
Damage of railway inspection estimates to several million. The removal of consequences of the accident would take all day.
Zdroj: https://praha.idnes.cz/vykolejeny-v...zpravy.aspx?c=A180228_091556_praha-zpravy_rsr

The train ran the buffer stop and landed on the subway tracks below... interesting.

I've just looked on G-maps.
I was horified to discover that the path under the railway leads to the local school, lucky that there were no more casualties.
The thought of that huge block coming down on the path...

Railways need to rethink the buffer stop construction at places like that.

Overhead-view-of-crash-scene.jpg

Local-view.jpg

I suppose they will wait till after rush-hour is over before doing the full recovery.

Last edited:
Back