Please bear a thought for Ben Dorsey

dangavel

Ben is one of our foremost builders who has created thousands of models for the community and has always been helpful to newbies , hes been a member of the team that created the amazing white pass line and hes helped me in more ways than I can say over the past year in building a very difficult route that has many gaps in information, hes been patient with my mistakes and is always ready to have another go at making some finicky project. .

Hes currently undergoing rigorous unpleasant treatment for a very serious illness and I'd just like us to bear a thought for him in his hour of need.

I'm not religious , but its been proven that people can get better more swiftly if a lot of people are thinking about them in a positive way. it wont do any harm to think about Ben and hope he recovers , just do it one the way to work, or lying in bed .
I think we owe him that much .

Ben was the major asset contributor for the White Pass and Yukon Route. He provided all the bridges ("Trestle man") as well as most of the "iconic" buildings and industries found along the route.

Jango and the rest of the WPYR team and other asset contributors send Ben our very best wishes for a fast and safe return to health!!

Derek

From the WPYR railway team

Last edited:
... let’s make a bridge ... from us to all ... surrounding Ben ... keep the strength ... keep it warm ...

I had a very short e-mail from Ben a couple of days ago. He wasn't feeling the best and expecting to get worse. He didn't say but I think it may be the chemo that is knocking him around. Let's hope it works.
And yes, I think of Ben a lot. He's probably the nicest guy on the forums.

I had a very short e-mail from Ben a couple of days ago. He wasn't feeling the best and expecting to get worse. He didn't say but I think it may be the chemo that is knocking him around. Let's hope it works.
And yes, I think of Ben a lot. He's probably the nicest guy on the forums.
He's having simultaneous chemo and radiotherapy, on their own they are bad enough but together they really knock you around , so we all need to think of him as much as we can and beam positives his way.

Back