New Session for JR Coal Country

All,
Here is a new sessions for Jointed Rail’s Coal Country route. The session is now available on the DLS. The session was developed with T:ANE Build 90955.

<kuid:417385:100886> JR Coal Country: Coal Mine Loading

You can either search for those kuid or use my username, DWBennett55, to find it on the DLS. If you filter with my username and sessions you’ll find all the sessions I’ve upload to the DLS.

Nothing very special here with loading at Valley Mining’s Richmond Tipple and Valley Mining’s Peabody Loadout.

Loading ongoing at Valley Mining's Peabody Loadout:

Loading-at-Valley-Mining%27s-Peabody-Loadout.jpg

It's a rainy day in Coal Country:

Rainy-day-in-Coal-Country.jpg

Enjoy the session. Thanks,

looking forward to this session. cheers DW.

Hope you enjoy it, johnee. I've had the session in the hopper for quite a while but finally brought it to the fore. You'll notice that I probably should have added a third engine to the power of the train. You'll figure out where! But the two GP9's, with their combined 3500 bhp, do get the consist moving back up the grade . . . barely.

Have fun and take care,

Thats where the fun is!

Heh, when I found that the shove at Peabody all but stalled I didn't add power; I reduced the number of hoppers I started at Richmond with plus those picked up at the Richmond Tipple by a total of four. Dispatch at Richmond just couldn't come up with another engine for the morning run; everything was in maintenance.

Ok, ok! I just didn't occur to me at the time to add power. Maybe next time.

Later,

Sometime simple is all I have time for. Fun well thought out session. Thank you.

Thank you! I do appreciate the comment. I was going to do two sessions with the coal loading the first one but couldn't think of a reasonable excuse to take the train anywhere but Richmond.

Yes, simple is pretty defines my sessions. I haven't gotten into the ranking of the driver's performance in a session (and might never) and trying to setting switches (enabling some and disabling others) can increase the session design greatly. But then again, having the driver set all the switches makes him part of the "game"; pay attention on what's going on or it's hard telling where you'll end up. Ha! It happens to me when I'm tesing the sessions.

I was thinking yesterday that I'll have to look around at doing something with the yard in Richmond. All I've done to date is depart or arrive at Richmond. There are several industries there that beg for some "service".

Don't hold your breath as I've got to get back working on new assets I've got in the hopper. I've put a bunch on time on them and need to finish them up for upload.

Take care and most of all, have fun!

<kuid:-3:9910149>
<kuid:-3:9910209>

Missing both of these from your Coal Country sessions. I purchased the route from the JR site, not the DLS btw and these 2 keep showing up as missing. Please assist! Thanks a bunch!

<kuid:-3:9910149>
<kuid:-3:9910209>

Missing both of these from your Coal Country sessions. I purchased the route from the JR site, not the DLS btw and these 2 keep showing up as missing. Please assist! Thanks a bunch!

Thomas, This is what I get when I filter to the these assets:

<kuid:-3:9910149> Navigate To Trackmark Ex
<kuid:-3:9910209> Navigate Via Trackmark Ex

And both are listed as Payware.

I'll do some more research if I really use them or not in the session.

Thomas, This is what I get when I filter to the these assets:

<kuid:-3:9910149> Navigate To Trackmark Ex
<kuid:-3:9910209> Navigate Via Trackmark Ex

And both are listed as Payware.

I'll do some more research if I really use them or not in the session.

Thank you! Please do so. I find it a bit odd that these assets weren't included in my purchase of this route from JR's site directly.

Thank you! Please do so. I find it a bit odd that these assets weren't included in my purchase of this route from JR's site directly.

Thomas, The author for the assets is Auran so that's probably why you didn't get the script with the route.

And, no, I did not use either one of the assets in the sessions. I checked the Schedule Library for the AI driver and I only used "Drive to . . . " commands. And if you have the Mine Loading session, I did not use the these assets and you probably don't have any missing assets with that one.

So, you should be able edit the sessions and use the "Delete missing asset" feature with no effect on the session whatsoever. Otherwise, you'll have to edit the Driver commands and uncheck the to commands and save the edits and session. That will also clear the errors.

Take care,

Back