Madison, IN and Kentucky fictional WIP

justinroth

It seems host then post is down/gone? I lost all of my uploaded screenies. Anyway, this is my 3rd WIP route. It seems I like to bite off more than I can chew but I've always wanted to do a hilly type route. I used to vacation here (Madison) as a child and thought the area was beautiful. There isn't much railroad going on in real life aside from the incline cut https://www.nps.gov/nr/travel/madison/madison_railroad_incline_cut.html which has a grade of 5.89%. I decided the town needed a mainline so I added an ex N&W current NS line right through town. I wasn't satisfied and decided to add another north/south line with territory taken from southern Kentucky. This route is the result of a few shifted and merged DEM's and includes challenging grades and winding paths along the Ohio river. Here are some shots of the focal center of the route, downtown Madison.
2018_02_24_222013.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
2018_02_24_222024.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
2018_02_24_222032.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
2018_02_24_222039.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
2018_02_24_222123.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
2018_02_24_222142.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
2018_02_24_222202.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
2018_02_24_222214.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I like what I see. So do you plan to do a fictional railroad company to go along whit this route? If you plan on doing any steam era stuff I'd like to talk with in more detail.

Dave

I like what I see. So do you plan to do a fictional railroad company to go along whit this route? If you plan on doing any steam era stuff I'd like to talk with in more detail.

Dave

Thanks fellas. I have provisioned for a shortline interchange, though I always like to because of the possibility of using transistion era diesel. I am not a huge steam fan to be honest, I usually model NS/CSX/Conrail as it's what I grew up around, and I like the possibility to have heritage signaling as well as modern replacements.

Wow this looks Amazing already
Do you plan on releasing it when it's all done and ready? We need a good route that will fit good for NS or CSX.

Thanks fellas. I have provisioned for a shortline interchange, though I always like to because of the possibility of using transistion era diesel. I am not a huge steam fan to be honest, I usually model NS/CSX/Conrail as it's what I grew up around, and I like the possibility to have heritage signaling as well as modern replacements.

Could you do a series of searchlight signals using RRSignal's signal script? I'm using your Safetran signals on Checkrail.com's EK3 route, which features the eastern end of CSX's Ex-Louisville & Nashville EK Sub and western end of the Rockhouse Sub (with the division point at Hazard), but the prototype used searchlight signals. RRSignal made some, but they don't fit Norfolksouthern37's Safetran signal gantries and they are way more complex to figure out than yours.

Last edited:
Back