Where Have All The Downloads Gone

cvkiwi

Hi al I went to the Download station here on trainz and downloaded some of Dave snow's Bulkhead
flat wagons
But when I did I couldn't figger where they went
I looked on my content manager and there is nothing
Can someone please help
Chris Sullivan
OTAGO
NEW ZEALAND

I just did a search using CM and found lots of them. Go to Filter --> Custom and set the parameters to

Author = davesnow
Category = rolling stock
name = flat

make sure Installed is deleted or set to false

... I could also have used "Name = bulk"

Try the Today filter from the drop down filter list (assuming you downloaded them today). Also try the Faulty filter (just in case)

ok so I went in to that site www.auran.com/DLS
then I Text Search Davesnow
then I put in a black on username
then in category I put in rollingstock
Then you haven't downloaded anything yet.

But the simplest way to solve the issue is to repeat that process, but this time with the extra steps needed to do the actual download. As you do that you will get to a point where the downloaded file actually gets saved. This might be in the FTP dialog if you choose FTP, or in the 'Save' option that appears at the bottom of a windows screen, or in the Content Manager window that opens. It depends on your OS and what process you use. But when that happens it will show the location, or you can look for the location. For instance, if you get a Save option, chose Save As instead to see the default location. That's where your other files got saved. If you get the FTP dialog note what that default location is. If you get a Content Manager screen make sure you know which installation of Trainz that CM is updating (but Isuspect that this option won't work).

Is there any reason for using the web for downloading instead of downloading from within CM?

I couldn't find the flat wagons on CM so I went to the Auran site

OK. So when you downloaded the assets you found on that site, what process did you use? Somewhere in that process the downloaded file gets saved, and that's the point at which you can take note of where it is saved to.

Just to add a clarification to all these threads you have started on the same topic.

When you use your web browser to download files (routes, sessions, flat wagons, etc) from the DLS they are saved into your Download folder. This folder will normally be specified in your browsers settings or configuration options. You have to manually install these files into TANE yourself.

If you had used CM to download the files, they would be automatically installed after downloading - this is why CM is the preferred method of installing assets from the DLS.

How do you install the files manually?

1. Start CM
  2. Go to the File Menu
  3. Select Import Content Files (NOT Import Content Folders which is a different process)
  4. Navigate to the location where the downloaded files have been saved (see comment above about your browser)
  5. Select the files (one or many)
  6. Click Open

Back