Train won't start!!!

Renocerous

I have a line with 4 stations, and once the train reaches the 3rd station, it stops and will not continue it's schedule. If you try to keep going manually, it will go, but the speed dial will keep inching down to start. i have tried clicking on the schedule item, putting in the command Drive Schedule, and stopping the train and saying continue schedule. I have had this problem in the past

This could be a few things. Try driving to a track mark between the 3rd and 4th station. If that works make sure the station is set up correctly. Is there a signal after the 4th station. It is really hard to tell with out seeing it.

I have a line with 4 stations, and once the train reaches the 3rd station, it stops and will not continue it's schedule. If you try to keep going manually, it will go, but the speed dial will keep inching down to start. i have tried clicking on the schedule item, putting in the command Drive Schedule, and stopping the train and saying continue schedule. I have had this problem in the past

There's probably something wrong with the track ahead of the last station. Turn on the messages for your driver(s) by clicking on the wrench icon and choosing Show driver messages, or whatever it's called - I'm not at my Trainzing computer to verify the exact wording.

What this will do is show a message such as no path to selected destination, junction missing lever, direction marker facing against the driver, or unable to plot route .

The cause of this is usually a broken track segment, a direction marker facing the wrong way, and as stated a junction missing a switch lever.

How to find the place?

1) Manually drive to the end of the route. If you derail, you'll find the error.
2) Open Surveyor and "walk" the route and perform an inspection along the ROW. This can be a long process as you search for missing junctions, incorrectly setup

For broken segments, check that all the track segments (spline points) are connected and level. Click on them or very close to them with the adjust height tool. That will lift up the track level and connect the segments most of the time. Sometimes when it comets to road crossings and other interactive industries such as stations, for example, the track has to be moved and connected, or deleted and reconnected.

Switch levers and reversed direction marks are sometimes elusive critters to notice. These are the type of thing that for some reason our eyes glaze over and are difficult to find. You just need to work slowly and scrutinize everything.

Have this problem too. Train can't drive manually as the speed regulator inches back to stop. But if you order it to be AI controlled, it works. Interesting is that it is happening to those locos that at one time were a ghost, and I replaced (subject of another previous thread). In my case it has nothing to do with signals, end of track or interrupted paths. Way out of this? : Open the consist tab, locate the faulty loco, delete it and re-insert the new one. Now it works. Why is this happening? Don't know for sure, but when a loco is under AI, and gets interrupted for some reason, when you try to control manually, it does this. Some times and not to all the locos. Must be a bug, but very hard to reproduce, so I did not made a thread. Now I am glad someone did.

Thanks!

This could be a few things. Try driving to a track mark between the 3rd and 4th station. If that works make sure the station is set up correctly. Is there a signal after the 4th station. It is really hard to tell with out seeing it.

There is no signal between the 3rd and 4th stations, but I have not tried the trackmark idea

Renocerous:D

Screenshot

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Here is a screenshot of the area. The skyscraper on the right is the 3rd station, and the one on the right is the 4th station. The 4th station is an Industry Airport, and the 3rd station is a AJS Invisible Station 2T Island

Thanks Lewiscc65!

I have tried the trackmark idea and I have found that if you drive to close-together trackmarks and then once you have reached the part near the platform, you can drive to the airport normally.

Back