Surveyor, invisible consists preventing track removal.

Railrider1522

Recently, on a stretch of yard track, I wanted to move it, but I couldn't pull it up, I realized there were two consists on a pair of track that show up on the map, but not in the open. Is this a bug talked about before? Plus I tried to select the section and delete but haven't found that ability yet. Any suggestions? (Other than deleting the section block of the route). This is in Trainz a new Era.

Last edited:
Is this a bug talked about before?

Yes. Do a search for "Ghost consists" and you will find threads with some possible solutions.

Solutions may, or may not, be possible depending on your exact situation. One suggestion that seemed to work in some cases at least is:-

• identify the rolling stock items involved.
  • use CM to make backup copies of those items as .cdp files or a single file
  • use CM to delete those rolling stock items from your Trainz installation
  • load the route/session into Surveyor and select Delete missing assets
  • remove the track section
  • use CM to reinstall the rolling stock from your backup .cdp file(s)

Not for the faint-hearted and no guarantees.

There are a number of threads on this and N3V is aware of the situation.

There have been a number of fixes, aka workarounds, to resolve the problem.

The one I found is to run a delete missing assets on the route. This process can take some time depending upon how large the route is. In this case I was lucky, though, this is not the case for everyone. In the event you want to try this, as always backup your route first as you would when performing any kind of drastic data change.

I did do delete missing assets, but it didn't work, the consists can be removed in quickdrive, but that's the only way possible for me.
Matt

Has N3V claimed to fix this?

There is some confusion about that. I certainly have not experienced the problem since SP2 HF1 was released and they stated that it was fixed for that build. Some are claiming that they are still experiencing it but I am uncertain whether it is happening in routes/sessions that were created in earlier builds than SP2 HF1.

I did do delete missing assets, but it didn't work, the consists can be removed in quickdrive, but that's the only way possible for me.
Matt

Okay. This might be the answer. Delete the consist in your session, if this is what you're saying, and you'll be able to work on the tracks.

No, by that I mean in quickdrive in the quickdrive rules, I can delete the consists in the rules menu, but I can't go back into surveyor because it reverts back to the way it was when the session begins.
Matt

Sometimes if you place an asset at each end of the ghosts to create a consist, then delete the consist, will remove them, in edit session.
Cheers,
Mike

Back