Need help with a DLS routes industry's.

Recently i have been messing around on the "Watseka and Kankakee railroad." from the DLS and have noticed some of the industry's product overlays (The things one uses to find out what a industry takes in/supply's.) look odd. At the top is the URL for the Pro Trainz Routes website. Then where the industry's thumbnail should be, it shows what appears to be the name of a mod. (Things like "Basic Industry 2 Package") Then where the products should be listed it says: "No product configured." So is this a case of missing dependency's?(The content manager says nothing is missing.) Or is it a problem with the route?

I do not have the "Watseka and Kankakee railroad" and your post did not identify the kuids of the industry or industries concerned but, if I can make a few suggestions.

If you are only looking at the route itself and not a session based on that route, then the industries may not be configured. It is usually the sessions, each session would be a separate DLS download, where industries and consist loads are configured. A search of the DLS did not reveal any sessions for this route.

You can make your own sessions in Surveyor by selecting the Route and then clicking View Sessions and then Create Session. Add the consists that you want if the route does not already have consists installed. Then configure each industry by selecting the industry (usually the track attached to the industry) with the "?" button in the Object Tool Tab. This should open the industry configuration window which should allow you to add any products to be produced and/or consumed. If this is the first time you have attempted this, then there will be learning curve.

Make sure when you save, that you give the session a meaningful name.

Okay so i managed to find what i need on trainz pro routes. The problem is if i try to download it, it just shows me a line of odd text. Now i just need to find out how to download tpr content! :confused:

Right click on the text and choose 'Save page as'. then choose to save the cdp that is listed on the new page.
Cheers,
Mike

Okay so i managed to find what i need on trainz pro routes. The problem is if i try to download it, it just shows me a line of odd text. Now i just need to find out how to download tpr content! :confused:

If you are seeing smiley faces and stuff and other junk, instead of downloading directly, try right-click and save-as to save as the CDP file.

If that doesn't work, just save the file and rename it afterwards from whatever-it's-called.html to whatever-it's-called.cdp

This happens with some websites and browsers and how they handle non-standard files. The browsers and encoding assumes it'll be a standard file which will be automatically opened up in the browser. In the case of a CDP file, we see the compressed binary data instead of any real content. Saving the file directly solves the problem.

Back